2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Sort Reviews by

Fantastic little blue Fiesta
By moabjeeper

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new January 2011 and have had no problems and have had nothing go wrong with it. It now has 49,000 miles. We have the automatic transmission and once we got used to the way it behaves, have had no complaints. Test drove a manual and the auto beats it hands down. My daughter drives it commuting to school and loves it so much she calls it "her" car. It consistently gets close to 34 mpg in mixed driving. My Son is getting his drivers license and wants a green one.

Favorite Features

mpg, reliability, livability.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

A good buy in my opinion
By az_sports_fan

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES automatic hatchback for about two years now. I will give a few reasons why I would buy it again. My payment for a next-to-new car was reasonable & it's good on gas. My car now has about 83K miles. (When I purchased the car it had about 35K) I have had only one major repair (the back passenger door wouldn't stay closed.) It was $450 to fix that. I love the inside design-it looks nice & is functional. I recently rented a 2013 Nissan Maxima for a trip. I was surprised to find the Nissan had no USB charger & no bluetooth. The only things I don't like is the shifting at low speeds & the lack of power.

Favorite Features

I love the Bluetooth, the USB port for charging my cell phone, the radio display shows more info. than other car radios. (Like song title, artist name things like that.) The ambient lighting is nice. I also love the five cup holders it has in the front seat area alone. Sync is also one of my fav. features, it seems to work well most of the time for me. It's also very roomy for a small car. My brother is 6 ft. 2 inches tall & he fits in the car comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

dislikes- it doesn't have a panic alarm on the key fob. It doesn't have a center console to store things out of eyesight or arm rest. The small compartments meant to hold stuff are not big enough to hold an I phone or sunglasses. No dry cleaning hooks to hang clothes on. They key is very expensive to duplicate.

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now. I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car. I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall. I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced. I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission. It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission. Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

Suggested Improvements

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).

Not one of Ford's Better Ideas!
By godzilla1957

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Though the SES is very sharp looking, gets pretty good MPG (though a friend's TDI Passat at twice the size gets just as good MPG) it has many flaws and I honestly wish I hadn't bought this car. The 6 speed auto trans had to be reprogrammed, I'm reading about those who had to get new trans and I'm nervous since I'm 2K miles out of warrantee. I can't enter or exit a driveway with any grade without scraping. I can't see though the back window due to the read hear rests, no center console creates right arm fatigue. The AC vents blow right on my hands creating aches. At 5'11" I sit way too low, the back seat is basically worthless and SYNC is an abomination. I'm an unhappy camper.

my 2011 fiesta(cockroach)
By cockroach2

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no issues with it, love it. For me it runs great. I have no regrets. I do accelerate hard now after first 1000 miles. I have 15k on it now.

Favorite Features

blue tooth, over all look of the car

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual and reclining front seats

LEMON DO NOT BUY
By stevienae

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta in August of 2010. It is an automatic, not manual transmission. Within a month it was back at Ford with transmission issues and has continued to have problems despite at least 10 trips to the Ford Shop. I was told by Ford Engineer that it must be the way I was driving it. They felt I was breaking with my left foot with my foot not completely off the gas. I do not break with my left foot. I just had it voluntarily repossessed as I cannot in good conscious sell it to somebody. This was after the New Car Lemon Law process and denied, I offered to walk away from it and have the dealer resell it and laughed at for being upside down when asked to trade it in.

Favorite Features

None that were worth the trouble of the bad transmission!

Suggested Improvements

Ford should stand behind their products. I've noticed there is not a selection for any Ford Fiesta Review with an automatic transmission. All reviews are for manual transmission. Hmmmmmmmm????????

Love My 2011 Fiesta SES
By jimies

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of driving in the City. I wanted a car that was easy to park and drive in tight places. This car works perfect in these situations. The heated seats, push button start and the Sync system are all nice pluses. To date I have just over 37,000 trouble free miles on this car.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, easy to park and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

An ecco-boost Fiesta could be fun.

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

Suggested Improvements

Real working transmissions and consider reports of intermittent issues valid and worth checking.

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.

Nice little car
By edva

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 5-spd, with 7500 miles. Positives: very satisfied overall, fun to drive, great design, averaging 41 mpg highway and town (not city) driving, comfortable ride, excellent handling, good brakes, reasonably quiet. Negatives: slightly underpowered, but OK for the mileage it gets, could use a sixth gear on the manual, rpms are a bit high at speed, mine is white, looks great but the undercoat is black, and the paint chips very easily, leaving black holes in the finish, no cabin air filter, and squirrels ate the insulation from under the hood, which the dealer wouldn't cover, even though in my opinion this is a design oversight on Ford's part.

Favorite Features

Styling, economy.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint, cabin air filter.