Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Review 2011 Fiesta but be forewarned
By Jill Stockman

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, I liked the car or would not have bought it. It handled nicely until it didn't. Ford issued a recall regarding transmission problems which only continue to get worse as the dealership gives me the run-around for the past year. Funny that the problem would get worse since that is exactly what the recall said. Yet try getting a straight answer and even worse something done about it before you stall out or kill yourself. It is no fun to drive because it jerks and shakes and makes noise and makes you wonder when it will simply stop. Not only can I not get it repaired/replaced...how do I sell a car when it is all over the internet that they are a huge problem! Thanks Ford.

Never buy first year production/design car
By van kham

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 45k, it was to be my commuter car and a replacement to my older 2000 celica gts with 200k. First the goods: mpg is great, good looking car, good ride, most things are within arms reach, power is ok for little car, good cargo space. Now the bad: Yes, the world famous transmission issue with this car, car was at the dealer twice, things started to fall apart at 54k, little things, too much to list, got the car fixed and sold it at. I wish I had done my research before I bought the car. Yes, i am back driving my 2000 celica, she never give me problem in 7 years.

I wouldn't suggest this car.
By Paul Jarrels

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awful transmission, problems, bluetooth wont connect most of the time, and parts literally fall off.

Absolute garbage car
By British guy

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not sure why the highlighted review indicates 4+ out of 5 stars.
I bought this care used with 11.000 miles, previously owned by an 84 year old lady. It shuddered so badly that it would reverberate your voice when talking. It's shifting sounds like a tool box rolling down concrete stairs. It accelerates slower than the 18 wheeler I drive for a living.
Please don't buy this car, it will be more than a regret and a gigantic headache.

IT TRIED TO KILL ME, TWICE!!
By Laurie

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

You are taking your life in your hands when you buy this car! Not to mention the drivers around you. This car, a.k.a. killer should be on a recall list NOW! This "car" stalled on me, had it "fixed" and today (3 months later), I was almost ran over by an 18 wheeler because it stalled in heavy traffic. Luckily, both time I was able to roll off the road within seconds of my life. It is now at a Ford dealer, and with any luck,I'll be re-united with this piece of crap in 3 months, yes 3 months! I finally got them to let me have a loaner car since I have to travel to my doctor. How nice of them! I have contacted every agencies I could find and reported this car. If somebody hasn't died yet while driving this car....they will soon. Just pray it doesn't take some other poor drivers and their families with them. Ford has to step up NOW!.