Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Should be recalled, a real lemon
By big_jig

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 months ago used with 39000 miles on it. It has a 6 speed automatic transmission. 2 weeks after I bought it Ford sent me a letter stating the this model was having transmission issues and if it broke they would fix it for free.The transmission went out at 42000 miles and now Ford tells me they have 32000 parts on back order and I won't get it back for at least 12 weeks.This is my first and last Ford I will ever buy. I would like to trade it in but it apparently lost a lot of value in the short time I have owned it due the the transmission issue. What a joke. This car should be recalled and is a true lemon.

Recall this lemon before someone gets hurt.

Fantastic little blue Fiesta
By moabjeeper

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new January 2011 and have had no problems and have had nothing go wrong with it. It now has 49,000 miles. We have the automatic transmission and once we got used to the way it behaves, have had no complaints. Test drove a manual and the auto beats it hands down. My daughter drives it commuting to school and loves it so much she calls it "her" car. It consistently gets close to 34 mpg in mixed driving. My Son is getting his drivers license and wants a green one.

mpg, reliability, livability.

Nothing

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now. I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car. I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall. I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced. I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission. It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission. Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

Real working transmissions and consider reports of intermittent issues valid and worth checking.

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.