2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101 on 08/12/13 12:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now. I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car. I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall. I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced. I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission. It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission. Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny on 02/14/13 12:12 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn on 12/16/12 14:04 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.

Nice little car
By edva on 08/18/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 5-spd, with 7500 miles. Positives: very satisfied overall, fun to drive, great design, averaging 41 mpg highway and town (not city) driving, comfortable ride, excellent handling, good brakes, reasonably quiet. Negatives: slightly underpowered, but OK for the mileage it gets, could use a sixth gear on the manual, rpms are a bit high at speed, mine is white, looks great but the undercoat is black, and the paint chips very easily, leaving black holes in the finish, no cabin air filter, and squirrels ate the insulation from under the hood, which the dealer wouldn't cover, even though in my opinion this is a design oversight on Ford's part.

Well...it's a $16k car
By mrj88 on 01/25/12 08:37 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Fiesta for a year now and have enjoyed it overall. Love the styling and lime squeeze paint. Consistent 35mpg is great, and most importantly it's never left me stranded. Nice little car. Here's the *but*. While the car seems solid mechanically, there have been a bunch of little issues that remind me that I'm definitely not driving an $21k Jetta/Civic/Impreza/etc. Already had to have some loose items under the hood tightened down, weather stripping replaced, quirky door locks, and random squeaks/creaks that come and go. Nothing over the top, but enough to make me wonder if I should have paid a little extra to get something a little more "tight". Only time will tell.

Still lookin' good
By baron_bodissey on 01/13/12 18:04 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 16 months and 15,000 miles, I'm still happy with my 2011 Fiesta SE with 6 speed auto tran. This was after an 18-year love affair with 1992 Mustang LX 5.0, so you can imagine the culture shock of a 1.6L, 120hp engine. In almost a year and a half I have had exactly one problem with the Fiesta -- a rear window weatherstripping came loose. The Fiesta is a slug off the line -- 35mpg in town makes up for that -- but once revs build it becomes downright zippy, it holds Interstate speeds just fine, and really likes corners. The auto transmission is quirky but most of the time is fairly smooth. The interior and exterior are in good shape so far. Oh, the clock is 2 minutes slow -- always.

Ford Fiesta Transmission Problems
By j2cub on 12/09/11 07:07 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well my Ford Fiesta had less than 1800 miles on it when the transmission started chattering while holding a steady traffic speed of 30 MPH after it warmed up. Now it does it bad between 30 and 55 MPH, still after it is warmed up. It’s fine when it’s cold. Also twice after putting 2900 miles on the car, the transmission would not release when trying to stop at a stop light. It drove me through a red light, TWICE. It was as if I was driving a manual transmission car and forgot to put the clutch in. Scared me to death, but I’m forced to keep driving it. Took it to Kline Motors, a Ford dealership in Winfield KS. They said they worked on it for 2 hours and charged over $172 and did nothing.

1 Month Ownership w/Auto
By stardude82 on 09/27/11 20:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun little car. I don't know why I like it so much in spite of its sluggish acceleration, body role and bizarre low speed transmission behavior! Despite what Ford marketing will have you believe this car is a compromise. But it's on I live with without regrets. I found the back seats in this car perfectly adequate and more useful than the big brother Focus. I'm averaging 38 mph in mixed driving.

Best American-Made SubCompact
By davep101 on 08/11/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have always owned Japanese and European compact and subcompact cars. This time out, we were very impressed with the quality of the Fiesta, compared to the Hondas we considered, and bought the Ford. The Fiesta has qualities more often found in European B cars, where a quiet, comfortable ride is achieved, along with an impressive driving experience and fuel efficiency.

No Complaints after 6500 miles
By derickd81 on 07/28/11 06:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Contemplated many cars before going with the Fiesta. Honda's Fit was a close second, but the Fiesta was much quieter at highway speed and gets better mileage. Took the Fiesta on a roadtrip from VA to ME last week, 2500 miles total mixed driving and got 39.3 mpg overall, A/C was almost always on too! Great mileage on backroads were I have gotten close to 50mpg! Front seats are comfortable even on 16hr trips! Back seats are fine for an hour or two, I'm 6'1" and don't mind. The auto trans is weird at slow speeds, but it is really a manual trans and shifts better than most people can shift a manual at low speeds, so with that perspective in mind it is fine, can't expect a slushbox-like shift!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta in VA is:

$118 per month*