Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

IT TRIED TO KILL ME, TWICE!!
By Laurie

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

You are taking your life in your hands when you buy this car! Not to mention the drivers around you. This car, a.k.a. killer should be on a recall list NOW! This "car" stalled on me, had it "fixed" and today (3 months later), I was almost ran over by an 18 wheeler because it stalled in heavy traffic. Luckily, both time I was able to roll off the road within seconds of my life. It is now at a Ford dealer, and with any luck,I'll be re-united with this piece of crap in 3 months, yes 3 months! I finally got them to let me have a loaner car since I have to travel to my doctor. How nice of them! I have contacted every agencies I could find and reported this car. If somebody hasn't died yet while driving this car....they will soon. Just pray it doesn't take some other poor drivers and their families with them. Ford has to step up NOW!.

Do Not Buy one of these!!!!!
By Dave

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Fiesta new in 2011. The auto clutch and transmission have been a NIGHTMARE!!!! It is again at the dealership (day 9 right now) with transmission issues. This is the 4th time in 4 years that it has had the transmission worked on!!!

Not reliable
By cpearsall

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do not recommend anyone purchase this vehicle. Despite research that informed me that there were transmission issues, I went with good faith that the car would perform well, so I purchased the vehicle. It had 17,500 miles on it and the second day I had it in my possession, the engine malfunctioned - forcing me to pull over on the side of the road. I am not getting this vehicle again. If this happened on the second day I had it with barely any miles on it, I can only imagine what may happen months down the line. DO NOT PURCHASE. The specks inside the vehicle does not make up for the car breaking down on the beltway!

Should be recalled, a real lemon
By big_jig

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 months ago used with 39000 miles on it. It has a 6 speed automatic transmission. 2 weeks after I bought it Ford sent me a letter stating the this model was having transmission issues and if it broke they would fix it for free.The transmission went out at 42000 miles and now Ford tells me they have 32000 parts on back order and I won't get it back for at least 12 weeks.This is my first and last Ford I will ever buy. I would like to trade it in but it apparently lost a lot of value in the short time I have owned it due the the transmission issue. What a joke. This car should be recalled and is a true lemon.

Recall this lemon before someone gets hurt.

2011 Fiesta falling apart
By jackflaq

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've run into problem after problem with this car. - The front passenger door latch spring broke so that the latch mechanism had to be replaced. Ford sent out a recall for certain vehicles about this, but mine does not appear to be included. - The engine stalls out when coming to a stop or going up a hill (has died in stop & go traffic on the highway). - The clutch misbehaves and causes the car to engine to shudder/sputter. - The turn signal lever broke so that it does not reset after making a turn. - The steering wheel media control buttons fell off after minimal use - Sync has random issues with reading ipod media. The build quality is just poor.

The Sync system is great when it works. Bluetooth makes

- There's only one door lock control in the whole car, and it's a flimsy button. - Build quality is just poor. All sorts of parts large and small have broken and the car is only 4 years old.