1993 Ford Festiva Consumer Review: Almost too well built

1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Review

Almost too well built
By Bones on

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I've owned two of these cars, the last one I still own. It's almost as if this car was built way before its time. Now with gas what it is, I hear less and less laughing. It's pretty obvious in cars of this size bueracracy is the only thing standing between fuel economy and cars that boast of 23 MPG. This car gets 40 MPG all day long. My buddy and I collected 7 of these cars way before cas went up. We made topless parade vehicles, drove them and parted them. Now, we always have parts and drive like-new 93's. It was dumb luck, but oh-so-sweet. I drive mine around town, he bounces back and forth to Key west in his. They are a dream at 70, but commute like motorcycles.

This car has leg room for big guys like me, a simple dash, basic controls (auto), a great fuel injection system, a larger compressor for the AC (Florida) and carries 8 foot long cargo with the passenger seat down. It's fun to drive and easily modified if you are always in a hurry.

No improvement needed if cool isn't your whole life. Travel is more important than the gas station. You don't feel like making your mechanic rich. You like a car no one wants to borrow. You like a car cops totally ignore and your 1K car is 14K cheaper than your neighbor's.