Used 1993 Ford Festiva Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Festiva

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

I love this car
By Peter Unander

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as an economical way to see my girlfriend at the time who lived 50 miles away. I am 6'3" but leg room is not a problem with this car, nor is storage for that matter I can haul my pressure washer my airless and all my hoses & gear as well as my 40' & 28' ladders on the roof. Two years after purchasing this car while driving home in a rain storm I missed a turn and me my dog and my Festiva went 80 feet into a ravine. Amazingly the car sustained little damage other then a slightly bent rear axle which I replaced for $100 from a wrecking yard. This is in my opinion one of the best cars on the market. That's why I am writting this

Reliability, economy, durability

Keep it simple and keep building the Festiva

Repair or replace
By rsmith45694s

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This car is absolutley a blast to drive. The transmissions seem to be weak, second one in two years but easy to replace had it out in under 2 hours. Brake lines rust through up here. And the rotors are difficult to replace due to hub bolt design as a whole this car is easy to repair I wish I had a whole car lot of them bought it for $200 best thing I ever did. I would not sell it for $2000 now.

Peppy and fun to drive.

Cup holders and more relilable transmission.

Festiva reliable
By festiva

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car from my brother. Great car, good gas mileage, easy to fix and find parts for (except tires!) wouldn't trust taking kids for the fact that it's small and not accident friendly! Car has moved from Utah to Arizona to Nebraska and to Texas. Now over 170k wouldn't take it on long trips, but love it for back and forth to work!

Gas mileage, easy to fix

Car isn't made anymore, would love to see it out on the market again!

What a car!
By Bruce

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

For basic cheap transport this car just cannot be beaten. It behaves like a large go cart on the road, so I'd like to think I could avoid accidents in it, but I wouldn't like to be hit by a large vehicle. It gets outstanding gas mileage (35-45 mpg) even with an automatic transmission. Ford doesn't support it well (It is 14 years old after all). It is a cult car of sorts, because it has a small(er) carbon footprint, is cheap and yet is acceptable all weather transport. If more of these were produced I would buy several. It would be nice to have more luxury features. It is basically a "hybrid" car at 1/10th the price.

Reliability. Simplicity. Virtually anyone can understand if not fix this car. Fuel economy. Handling. Surprisingly large cargo hauling ability. Low cost per mile. Low(er) carbon footprint. Cult car status.

Corporate America needs to bring cars like this back into production and sale.That is the most important thing. The car could use better soundproofing. There are a few stupidly engineered parts of the car. Parts supply needs an upgrade.

One of the Greatest Cars Ever!
By Joe

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

The Festiva is a worthy and honorable successor to the Ford Fiesta. This car has seen me through fair weather and foul. It's brought me safely home to my family on weekends in the worst of weather, when I was working hundreds of miles away. It has provided basic, reliable transportation for daily trips to Pittsburgh, taking the kids to school, the dog to the vet, grocery shopping and so on. It's not hard to recognize in the mall parking lot, though you may have trouble seeing it behind all of the land yachts. It has all of the character that 3 kids and a lot of road time can give a car over 13 years. I can hear how it's running, I can feel how it's driving, it suits me.

It's inexpensive to own and operate. The engine is rugged, the transmission is strong. It's easy to see out of. With the rear seat down there's room for two people and all the supplies for a week long trout fishing / camping trip. It looks neat with my bicycle hanging off the rack on the back.

Ford should never have quit selling this car in the US. They wouldn't be in the mess they're in now. Add the most desirable modern safety features, but leave the basic concept and design alone. Don't allow it to gradually morph into gas slurping, obnoxious travesty. Keep it simple, but keep it.