1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Faithful Festiva
By j fox on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva new (26 miles) in 1993 as a car to run around town and to go back and forth to work. It has never failed me not even once. I have replaced the tires 3 times,the right rear wheel bearing once, and replaced the battery and that is it.It has an oil leak around the head gasket but there is no shame in that with 126k.I put a new muffler on too. It has got me through blizzards and over deer and it looks as good as it did when it was new. I change oil every 3k,wash it every week,wax it ever 3 months. I hate to get rid of her but I need a 4x4 pick-up now. It is the best car I have ever owned.I plan on selling it to my friend that I car pool to work with.

love my roller skate
By re3ver on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Festiva. I had to buy it used because they aren't made any more. My first was involved in a wreck or else I would still be driving it. If they still made them I would buy a new one. With gas prices the way they are my little car pays for itself in savings. It is a fun car and handles well in traffic. I have taken it to retriever field trials and it will go some places the large 4WD trucks can't.

My first car
By WackyJosh on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This car was actually given to me as a present from a family friend who was moving out of the country. It was my first car. It now has 122000 miles on it and is still running well.

Ford Kia Festiva
By Cammy on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car. A great car Ford never made. But a hellava selection on their part. As much fun as the Mini I had in '68.

great car; I got 48MPG highway, reliable
By festiva owner on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Owned for 6 years so far, now it has 100000 miles. never any problem. replaced the starter once (30 minute job) Got 48.5 MPG on highway trip to new york from virginia last year. Much more responsive and fun to drive than my Jimmy or minivan. I would be concerned in a major accident, but it should be easier to aviod one in this car. Highly recommended for any safe driver who wants a good car with great mileage.

Perfect city car
By ifedulov on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

The gas milage just amazing. I'm getting about 300 miles on 8 gallons of gas in city/highway driving. That is almost 38MPG! Amazing car. My expenses so far are: $150 new exhaust, $140 rear brakes and 3x$20 oil changes. Oh and not to mention street parking. That is just simply the second best feature of this car. It can fit in any spot!

The little engine that could !!!!
By Midlifer on 03/10/02 14:13 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

If you like cheap and reliable, than the 1993 Ford Festiva is the car to get. The last Festiva I had was traded in for another in 1998 for $3200 at 32,000 mile. The trade-in had 198,000 miles on it and I found out that it got up to 240,000. I know someone with one at 400,000. I delivered my washing machine with it and later a Drier. The back seat folds real flat. Ford stopped offering this car in 1993 but the car is still made as the Kia Pride.

Good little car
By msi on 02/27/02 10:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Only trouble was brakes,front wheel bearings and exhaust