Used 1993 Ford Festiva L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Festiva

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

One of the Greatest Cars Ever!
By Joe

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

The Festiva is a worthy and honorable successor to the Ford Fiesta. This car has seen me through fair weather and foul. It's brought me safely home to my family on weekends in the worst of weather, when I was working hundreds of miles away. It has provided basic, reliable transportation for daily trips to Pittsburgh, taking the kids to school, the dog to the vet, grocery shopping and so on. It's not hard to recognize in the mall parking lot, though you may have trouble seeing it behind all of the land yachts. It has all of the character that 3 kids and a lot of road time can give a car over 13 years. I can hear how it's running, I can feel how it's driving, it suits me.

Favorite Features

It's inexpensive to own and operate. The engine is rugged, the transmission is strong. It's easy to see out of. With the rear seat down there's room for two people and all the supplies for a week long trout fishing / camping trip. It looks neat with my bicycle hanging off the rack on the back.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should never have quit selling this car in the US. They wouldn't be in the mess they're in now. Add the most desirable modern safety features, but leave the basic concept and design alone. Don't allow it to gradually morph into gas slurping, obnoxious travesty. Keep it simple, but keep it.

Festiva
By Brian

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva new in 1993 for $5600. Today it has 225,000 miles on it and still gets over 40 mpg. I too have gone through mufflers but only had to pay for the first because of the lifetime warranty. Add the brakes to that list of lifetime warranty only had to buy the first set. When the old girl does decide to give up the ghost I wish that I would be able to bye a new one. Sad to think, that I canít get them here in the states. I think the Festiva or there predecessor can be found in Brazil? Good commuter car and great in the city for parking. The guys at work tease me but hell Iíve watched them buy car after car through the years. What a car.

Favorite Features

Good fuel mileage and $15000. Less than a hybrid?

Suggested Improvements

Make some more, preferably in the states.

Parks like a Mini, Hauls like a van
By Guy Noyes

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Festiva. They start easily every time. They run and run. Replace the muffler every couple of years and change the oil is about all you have to do. Except buy gas - I've gotten 35 mpg in city! Although a tiny footprint the front seats are roomy and the rear seats OK (good headroom) and when your fold down the rear seat you can haul amazing things, even a stuffed chair. It handles like a little sports car in the city. As others have said, I wish they made a new version that is as reliable. I think Ford would never have put this jewel out if they knew it would last so long trouble free. Why can't all cars be so hassle-free? I love my Festiva. It's fun, fun, fun!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, zoomy handling, easy parking, ability to haul stuff (for a small car), and reliability. Basically problem free.

Suggested Improvements

The split back seat in my '88 folded down flatter.

Festiva is a great CAr
By Skydance2

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I purchased a used bright blue Festiva it is the best car I ever owned, gas mileage cannot be beat and it is so fun to drive. I wish Ford would come out with a new version of this car.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, Size, Color, Easy to shift 5 speed.

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holders

Faithful Festiva
By j fox

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva new (26 miles) in 1993 as a car to run around town and to go back and forth to work. It has never failed me not even once. I have replaced the tires 3 times,the right rear wheel bearing once, and replaced the battery and that is it.It has an oil leak around the head gasket but there is no shame in that with 126k.I put a new muffler on too. It has got me through blizzards and over deer and it looks as good as it did when it was new. I change oil every 3k,wash it every week,wax it ever 3 months. I hate to get rid of her but I need a 4x4 pick-up now. It is the best car I have ever owned.I plan on selling it to my friend that I car pool to work with.

Favorite Features

Reliabilty!!

Suggested Improvements

I can not think of any. I really liked the car.