Used 1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

Best car ever!
By Mike

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I have 323,000 miles on mine. I didn't change the fan belt till after 10 years. I haven't changed the fuel filter or plug wires yet! Just a great little car for what it is. Take the back seat out and you can haul two mountain bikes and some camping gear in it.

Cheap 12 inch tires are getting hard to find.

Built like a tank
By alwaysinaford

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Have know about these cars for a long time. Motor is like a rock, flawless. manual transmission, flawless. I get 41-47 mpg depending on how hard I run it. I agree with the window issue. Have only replaced the alternator and battery. Tires are very hard to find. I am 6"2" tall and I am very comfortable. Really enjoy driving it as my daily driver. I will keep it until the day it dies.

Gas mileage, comfortable, fun to drive.

Ford need to bring the identical car back!

Just get one
By Mr.Ouchies

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

You're not gonna spend that much on one and will be surprised. You can buy one as a spoof then soon realize it's your baby. I wanted one just for novelty but got caught up in festiva fever. This car has never left me stranded and only required a new alternator and battery. Farthest I have traveled in it in one day was about 300 miles when i first got it and true to what others have said "I no longer trust this car on long trips." I don't know why I don't, but i just don't. These cars do die sort of. I have seen one not work with 256,000 due to bad ignition switch. I have seen one with 125,000 that was in an accident, but engine was pulled to put in one with over 300,000 that barely began to smoke

Gas mileage, deceptively large interior, fun to drive.

Bring it back so i can get a new one. Keep the engine they last forever.

93 ford festiva
By doug allen

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

just purchased a 93 festiva this car i very dependable and gets a consistent 40 mpg fun to drive and handles well they should be making these cars again tires are getting hard to find easy to work on.

excellent gas mileage

start making these kind of cars again

Reliable to a Fault- Just keeps running!
By FestivaFan

1993 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car as a temporary replacement for my beloved wrecked 89 1/2 Mustang. Seven years later, I still have it. Getting fantastic gas mileage is addictive. It is also a great city car, no self respecting car thief or jacker will mess with a lowly Festiva. Not a great car to be in during an accident, but it is nimble enough to avoid situations bigger cars couldn't. After all, are we all going to be forced to drive SUV Panzers to be safe from the SUV bullies. I hope not. The Edmonds pricing for the Festiva is a joke, I can sell this car for what I paid for it tomorrow. They are revered for their reliability, storage, and mileage. All the same reasons I will keep driving it until it dies.

It's a loud car at highway speeds, the windows come off-track way to easy, but let's face it, it's a 17-year-old car. For what it is, it is a masterpiece. People rack up 300,000 miles on these engines with no major problems. For an inexpensive economy car it was/is a brilliant piece of engineering.

It's a loud car at highway speeds, the windows come off-track way to easy, but let's face it, it's a 17 year old car. For what it is, it is a masterpiece. People rack up 300,000 miles on these engines with no major problems. For an inexpensive economy car it was/is a brilliant piece of engineering.