1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Best car ever!
By Mike on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I have 323,000 miles on mine. I didn't change the fan belt till after 10 years. I haven't changed the fuel filter or plug wires yet! Just a great little car for what it is. Take the back seat out and you can haul two mountain bikes and some camping gear in it.

Just get one
By Mr.Ouchies on 06/19/10 21:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

You're not gonna spend that much on one and will be surprised. You can buy one as a spoof then soon realize it's your baby. I wanted one just for novelty but got caught up in festiva fever. This car has never left me stranded and only required a new alternator and battery. Farthest I have traveled in it in one day was about 300 miles when i first got it and true to what others have said "I no longer trust this car on long trips." I don't know why I don't, but i just don't. These cars do die sort of. I have seen one not work with 256,000 due to bad ignition switch. I have seen one with 125,000 that was in an accident, but engine was pulled to put in one with over 300,000 that barely began to smoke

Reliable to a Fault- Just keeps running!
By FestivaFan on 12/09/09 21:14 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car as a temporary replacement for my beloved wrecked 89 1/2 Mustang. Seven years later, I still have it. Getting fantastic gas mileage is addictive. It is also a great city car, no self respecting car thief or jacker will mess with a lowly Festiva. Not a great car to be in during an accident, but it is nimble enough to avoid situations bigger cars couldn't. After all, are we all going to be forced to drive SUV Panzers to be safe from the SUV bullies. I hope not. The Edmonds pricing for the Festiva is a joke, I can sell this car for what I paid for it tomorrow. They are revered for their reliability, storage, and mileage. All the same reasons I will keep driving it until it dies.

I love this car
By Peter Unander on 06/02/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as an economical way to see my girlfriend at the time who lived 50 miles away. I am 6'3" but leg room is not a problem with this car, nor is storage for that matter I can haul my pressure washer my airless and all my hoses & gear as well as my 40' & 28' ladders on the roof. Two years after purchasing this car while driving home in a rain storm I missed a turn and me my dog and my Festiva went 80 feet into a ravine. Amazingly the car sustained little damage other then a slightly bent rear axle which I replaced for $100 from a wrecking yard. This is in my opinion one of the best cars on the market. That's why I am writting this

Repair or replace
By rsmith45694s on 04/06/08 04:41 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This car is absolutley a blast to drive. The transmissions seem to be weak, second one in two years but easy to replace had it out in under 2 hours. Brake lines rust through up here. And the rotors are difficult to replace due to hub bolt design as a whole this car is easy to repair I wish I had a whole car lot of them bought it for $200 best thing I ever did. I would not sell it for $2000 now.

One of the Greatest Cars Ever!
By Joe on 08/24/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

The Festiva is a worthy and honorable successor to the Ford Fiesta. This car has seen me through fair weather and foul. It's brought me safely home to my family on weekends in the worst of weather, when I was working hundreds of miles away. It has provided basic, reliable transportation for daily trips to Pittsburgh, taking the kids to school, the dog to the vet, grocery shopping and so on. It's not hard to recognize in the mall parking lot, though you may have trouble seeing it behind all of the land yachts. It has all of the character that 3 kids and a lot of road time can give a car over 13 years. I can hear how it's running, I can feel how it's driving, it suits me.

Festiva
By Brian on 04/04/06 14:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva new in 1993 for $5600. Today it has 225,000 miles on it and still gets over 40 mpg. I too have gone through mufflers but only had to pay for the first because of the lifetime warranty. Add the brakes to that list of lifetime warranty only had to buy the first set. When the old girl does decide to give up the ghost I wish that I would be able to bye a new one. Sad to think, that I can’t get them here in the states. I think the Festiva or there predecessor can be found in Brazil? Good commuter car and great in the city for parking. The guys at work tease me but hell I’ve watched them buy car after car through the years. What a car.

Parks like a Mini, Hauls like a van
By Guy Noyes on 09/10/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Festiva. They start easily every time. They run and run. Replace the muffler every couple of years and change the oil is about all you have to do. Except buy gas - I've gotten 35 mpg in city! Although a tiny footprint the front seats are roomy and the rear seats OK (good headroom) and when your fold down the rear seat you can haul amazing things, even a stuffed chair. It handles like a little sports car in the city. As others have said, I wish they made a new version that is as reliable. I think Ford would never have put this jewel out if they knew it would last so long trouble free. Why can't all cars be so hassle-free? I love my Festiva. It's fun, fun, fun!

Festiva is a great CAr
By Skydance2 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I purchased a used bright blue Festiva it is the best car I ever owned, gas mileage cannot be beat and it is so fun to drive. I wish Ford would come out with a new version of this car.

Faithful Festiva
By j fox on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva new (26 miles) in 1993 as a car to run around town and to go back and forth to work. It has never failed me not even once. I have replaced the tires 3 times,the right rear wheel bearing once, and replaced the battery and that is it.It has an oil leak around the head gasket but there is no shame in that with 126k.I put a new muffler on too. It has got me through blizzards and over deer and it looks as good as it did when it was new. I change oil every 3k,wash it every week,wax it ever 3 months. I hate to get rid of her but I need a 4x4 pick-up now. It is the best car I have ever owned.I plan on selling it to my friend that I car pool to work with.