1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Built like a tank
By alwaysinaford on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Have know about these cars for a long time. Motor is like a rock, flawless. manual transmission, flawless. I get 41-47 mpg depending on how hard I run it. I agree with the window issue. Have only replaced the alternator and battery. Tires are very hard to find. I am 6"2" tall and I am very comfortable. Really enjoy driving it as my daily driver. I will keep it until the day it dies.

93 ford festiva
By doug allen on 12/16/09 04:45 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

just purchased a 93 festiva this car i very dependable and gets a consistent 40 mpg fun to drive and handles well they should be making these cars again tires are getting hard to find easy to work on.

My Lil' car
By Kyle on 07/17/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

This has been my most reliable car EVER- bought in'96 for $3,900-was a impulse buy (bought within hours of looking at) Initially thought I overpaid - but 13 yrs and at 185,000 miles - U think I got a steal on it I dont get mileage others might(is a 5 speed) get 35-38 mpg (with wind pushing me have got 45-48) tho mpg is with usually with car loaded up and 75 mph Gone is rear seat - and many times passenger seat - fit 8 ft boards in it with front seat gone- so cargo room is awesome (use it like was a truck) great ground clearance for N Dakota winters Until real recently could go 5,000- 6,000 miles(oil change to oil change) without adding any oil in between alot of long trips 800mile

Festevil
By kyle on 03/16/09 21:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

i own a festiva gt and its got alittle under 93000 miles, and other then alittle transmission trouble, i love the car, i get my fair share of funny looks but their just mad i can park in small spots at work, down town, and at clubs. i did redo the suspension to make it more of a comfordable ride. if anyone else is looking to do so just look for coil overs off of an ATV, yes funny but with the right amount of skill and patients... it worked my festiva never dies, so it got the nic- name, "FestEvil" which is being painted on the trunk after the dents and scratches are removed. great cars hope the 2011 model is as great as its grandfather

Almost too well built
By Bones on 09/16/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I've owned two of these cars, the last one I still own. It's almost as if this car was built way before its time. Now with gas what it is, I hear less and less laughing. It's pretty obvious in cars of this size bueracracy is the only thing standing between fuel economy and cars that boast of 23 MPG. This car gets 40 MPG all day long. My buddy and I collected 7 of these cars way before cas went up. We made topless parade vehicles, drove them and parted them. Now, we always have parts and drive like-new 93's. It was dumb luck, but oh-so-sweet. I drive mine around town, he bounces back and forth to Key west in his. They are a dream at 70, but commute like motorcycles.

Festiva reliable
By festiva on 04/02/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car from my brother. Great car, good gas mileage, easy to fix and find parts for (except tires!) wouldn't trust taking kids for the fact that it's small and not accident friendly! Car has moved from Utah to Arizona to Nebraska and to Texas. Now over 170k wouldn't take it on long trips, but love it for back and forth to work!

What a car!
By Bruce on 07/28/07 10:47 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

For basic cheap transport this car just cannot be beaten. It behaves like a large go cart on the road, so I'd like to think I could avoid accidents in it, but I wouldn't like to be hit by a large vehicle. It gets outstanding gas mileage (35-45 mpg) even with an automatic transmission. Ford doesn't support it well (It is 14 years old after all). It is a cult car of sorts, because it has a small(er) carbon footprint, is cheap and yet is acceptable all weather transport. If more of these were produced I would buy several. It would be nice to have more luxury features. It is basically a "hybrid" car at 1/10th the price.

Great Car
By Jeff on 12/15/05 15:34 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I love this car. It never gave any major problems. The only flaw I had with it is the muffler because they wear out fast, but I bought a lifetime warranty one and I'm set. I seen many people who have them and they have over 200,000 miles on them. This is great because I bought mine used with only 38,000 miles. This will last me a long time and I hope ford will someday bring this car back on their model line.

93 GL
By David Tatum on 04/11/05 06:25 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

After a nuclear war two things will remain, roaches and Festivas. Purchased in '93 and it still runs strong. Over 200.000 miles and still gets 43mpg. Only major repair - CV joint at 70,000 miles. For a work car to go from point A to point B you can't beat it. A long trip - NO WAY. 12" tires are cheap to buy new.

Economical Car
By Festiva Driver on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car a few years ago as a high school student. It has turned out to be a very dependable car, having incurred no expenses other than routine brake pad, tire, and oil changes. The car gets good gas mileage, and is cheap to insure and plate. While the car appears small on the outside, it is actually fairly comfortable on the inside, and has a useful amount of storage space. The interior is simple but durable. My biggest complaints are that the car tends to get a severe lack of respect on the road, and I wouldnÂ’t trust it in a wreck. I'm not comfortable with taking the car over 70 and even that is pushing it on a long haul.