1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
The original Zoom Zoom
By mrbodangles on 06/09/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

This car has had around 75k miles on it over 16 years. It's a dependable car and fun to drive, with around 33- 37mpg regularly. Even after a t-bone collision (passenger side) and the loss of the front right wheel bearing this car soldiers on. I drive it roughly 180 miles roundtrip every weekend and it continues to impress. Muffler was replaced recently for the second time, car windows are a little 'sticky' after usage in Maine winters. People keep asking to buy it from me, I suspect it's the stylish lines and the amazing handling - I can U-turn where SUVs fear to tread. Also has enough power to travel the Blue Ridge trail withouth breaking a sweat. A good and reliable little car.

Never should have been discontinued
By Lagbert on 08/10/05 22:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I averaged about 43 MPG with my Festiva. It was a great little commute car, and I could park or fit just about anywhere. I just hit 218,000 miles when it was hit by individual unable to stay in their own lane. It will most likely get totaled due to the extent of that damage. I wish I could just go out to the Ford or Kia dealership and get another one.

Festiva
By Bruce Irvine on 06/16/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Cannot kill it and repairs are easy. Gas mileage is close to a hybrid. Interior is VERY roomy.

good car
By james478 on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

this is a great car it is fun to drive and easy to handle, comfy seats...i have nothing bad to say about this car. :)

Underappreciated
By Scrocx on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car since 1993. I done burnouts that rival some of the best. I have caused a 91 Explorer to get a new transmission for trying to out last the FASTIVA in a burnout competition. The build quality is excellent. Designed by Mazda. Produced by Kia. Sold by Ford. This vechicle will not let you down. I now have a 1992 Mazda 323 GTX Turbo 1.8 Liter DOHC motor in the Festiva and it is capable of leveling Z28 Cameros and GT Mustangs. For a total cost of less than $4000 this is a vehicle worth a look.

good cheap ride
By navstud02 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

this car is very easy to repair and maintain. The parts are of the highest quaility. many miles now just hit 345,000 original starter altinater.

I love this car.
By Scott in Alaska on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

My first car I bought all by myself. It has been very reliable here in Alaska, I use studs in the winter and the car can go just about any where in the city. Hill, ice no real problems.... if the snow is more than a foot on the ground it does not do that good.... I use it in the summer most of the time, for when friends come up to visit.