1992 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Stick It To Big Oil!
By jrpeacher on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Just bought this little jewel. Color of the ocean with pink racing stripes. It turns heads, especially as gasoline climbs back up again. Compared to my Ford 4x4 f150 the Festiva is a godsend!

The original Zoom Zoom
By mrbodangles on 06/09/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This car has had around 75k miles on it over 16 years. It's a dependable car and fun to drive, with around 33- 37mpg regularly. Even after a t-bone collision (passenger side) and the loss of the front right wheel bearing this car soldiers on. I drive it roughly 180 miles roundtrip every weekend and it continues to impress. Muffler was replaced recently for the second time, car windows are a little 'sticky' after usage in Maine winters. People keep asking to buy it from me, I suspect it's the stylish lines and the amazing handling - I can U-turn where SUVs fear to tread. Also has enough power to travel the Blue Ridge trail withouth breaking a sweat. A good and reliable little car.

Never should have been discontinued
By Lagbert on 08/10/05 22:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I averaged about 43 MPG with my Festiva. It was a great little commute car, and I could park or fit just about anywhere. I just hit 218,000 miles when it was hit by individual unable to stay in their own lane. It will most likely get totaled due to the extent of that damage. I wish I could just go out to the Ford or Kia dealership and get another one.

Festiva
By Bruce Irvine on 06/16/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Cannot kill it and repairs are easy. Gas mileage is close to a hybrid. Interior is VERY roomy.

Fun Car
By Scott in Anchorage on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

This was the first car I every bought.... In 1992 I bought it used, only 35 miles though.... A Lady won it in a bingo drawing.... tradeed it in for a different car...so I got a great deal,,....... I drive it in the snow here in Alaska,,... I put studed tires on all four wheels...and it goes great in the snow...as long as it is not over a foot of snow....... Never had a big break down......I loved this car....

I love my Festiva
By tpmillerusa on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

180K miles and still going strong. WOuld be happier with the 5-speed, but I still can't kick about the MPG!

good car
By james478 on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

this is a great car it is fun to drive and easy to handle, comfy seats...i have nothing bad to say about this car. :)

Underappreciated
By Scrocx on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car since 1993. I done burnouts that rival some of the best. I have caused a 91 Explorer to get a new transmission for trying to out last the FASTIVA in a burnout competition. The build quality is excellent. Designed by Mazda. Produced by Kia. Sold by Ford. This vechicle will not let you down. I now have a 1992 Mazda 323 GTX Turbo 1.8 Liter DOHC motor in the Festiva and it is capable of leveling Z28 Cameros and GT Mustangs. For a total cost of less than $4000 this is a vehicle worth a look.

good cheap ride
By navstud02 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

this car is very easy to repair and maintain. The parts are of the highest quaility. many miles now just hit 345,000 original starter altinater.

I love this car.
By Scott in Alaska on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

My first car I bought all by myself. It has been very reliable here in Alaska, I use studs in the winter and the car can go just about any where in the city. Hill, ice no real problems.... if the snow is more than a foot on the ground it does not do that good.... I use it in the summer most of the time, for when friends come up to visit.