Used 1991 Ford Festiva L Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

I love my festy!
By Charlie1717

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I love my Festiva. Great MPG, fun to drive, Very reliable. If you want a good fun reliable car with unbelievable gas mileage then buy a festiva. They are getting hard to come by. FESTIVA!

Cheap to fix/upgrade Gas mileage

put 13" rims on cheap and easy to do (plus you can get cheap tires)

Festiva review
By Reddove

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Performance is what can be expected from a small car that gets 40 mpg. I find it low to the ground and have developed a way to climb out. Bad backs beware. Interior is very roomy and can fit three bales of hay inside. Seat plastic is cheap, lots of head room. I'd want it to die so I can justify getting another car, but it won't. Tires last 20,000 miles. All in all it is the least expensive transportation I have ever had or can find again at .04 per mile. I have 130k city miles, three teenagers who have learned to drive on it. Goes great in the snow as long as you don't stop on a drift, it sinks.

Cost per mile, sharp turn radius, head room, easy to drive.

Better seat material. Slightly larger brakes so as to stop quicker at highway speeds. Faster heat for winter driving. Never seems to warm up for the short hauls.

After 15 years I am finally selling it
By fl678

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this little oddly shaped car since it had 6 miles and it has been extremely reliable. The only issue I ever had was the ball bearings going out every few thousand miles. It has always work in cold or warm weather and fuel economy was fantastic when I bought it 15 years ago.

Overall reliability and gas mileage has been phenomenal.

Ball bearings go out every 10,000 miles or so.

low maintenance and reliable
By HRS

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car when it had 25,000 miles on it. 11 years later, it has 227,000 miles on it and is still going strong. It has only let me down once in 11 years and the cause was just a cracked distributor cap! It has been the best car I've owned. Can it make it to 300,000 miles? To be continued ...

Gas mileage and dependability.

Ford Festiva 1991
By Scott Postma

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I've found this car trustworthy and free from unexpected maintenance. Not recomended for heavy highway driving as wind has effect on car. After 125,000 miles motor is very sound and doesn't burn oil. The interior is roomy and can hold 4 adults with leg room and headroom, or three bales of hay and two adults. I've enjoyed the smallness of the car as parking and turning around is very simple and quick, especially in downtown areas.

Soundness of engine. Boxy style that holds bulky items. Fuel mileage. Easy in and out with large doors. Ease of parking in crowded or busy street.

I would suggest that the brakes be larger to better handle a full load. I would also consider bigger tires to increase tire availability and selection.