1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Best damn car i ever had!!!
By tgunn71 on 08/17/12 16:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I had this car for 17 years before having to make the sad decision to let her go at 225k miles when she had electrical issues that were going to be to pricey to fix. In its early days I experienced gas mileage in excess of 50 mpg hwy and nearly 60 mpg on long road trips at approx. 70 mph. Even when it got older she still got over 40mpg highway but I chose to no longer take her on long road trips for fear she wouldnt make it. This was also the best car I have ever driven in the snow. I never got stuck once. Wish I could find another one. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

The 'wip'
By Joseph on 07/07/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my then 16 y/o daughter as a 'disposable' vehicle with the intention of replacing it within 6 months or when she totaled it... Well, 8 years later and the car is still going strong. It has has several repairs due to use and abuse but it has performed flawlessly overall. Now, it is the pride and joy of my youngest son who keeps it in tip top running condition. He is always looking for ways to better it without altering the original package.

Good Commuter
By schmaltz on 09/24/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Purchased 2.5 years ago for a commuter car. Reliable basic fuel efficient transportation with no frills. Now has 210,000 miles on it, uses a couple of quarts of oil between changes.

i love this car
By frylok on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

this is the best car they make ive been everywhere offroad street winter and never got stuck

Festivas Rule
By stiva_gal on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I have put more than 65,000 miles on this car -- it now has more than 90,000 -- and I have experienced minimal repairs. Most were routine maintenance. The no-frills design means there are far fewer things to break down. The car is very reliable in this region where temps range from 100 degrees in summer to -40 in the winter. Mileage ranges from 30 MPG in stop-and-got city traffic to slightly more than 50 MPG on the highway. Seats 4 adults comfortably with space for packages in the hatch.