Used 1991 Ford Festiva GL Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

Best damn car i ever had!!!
By tgunn71

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I had this car for 17 years before having to make the sad decision to let her go at 225k miles when she had electrical issues that were going to be to pricey to fix. In its early days I experienced gas mileage in excess of 50 mpg hwy and nearly 60 mpg on long road trips at approx. 70 mph. Even when it got older she still got over 40mpg highway but I chose to no longer take her on long road trips for fear she wouldnt make it. This was also the best car I have ever driven in the snow. I never got stuck once. Wish I could find another one. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

The 'wip'
By Joseph

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my then 16 y/o daughter as a 'disposable' vehicle with the intention of replacing it within 6 months or when she totaled it... Well, 8 years later and the car is still going strong. It has has several repairs due to use and abuse but it has performed flawlessly overall. Now, it is the pride and joy of my youngest son who keeps it in tip top running condition. He is always looking for ways to better it without altering the original package.

Favorite Features

Its easyness to drive. And the heads it turns.

Suggested Improvements

It could be a little more comfortable. But what can we ask of 150000 miles?

Good Commuter
By schmaltz

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Purchased 2.5 years ago for a commuter car. Reliable basic fuel efficient transportation with no frills. Now has 210,000 miles on it, uses a couple of quarts of oil between changes.

Favorite Features

4 wheels. Steering wheel. Seat.

i love this car
By frylok

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

this is the best car they make ive been everywhere offroad street winter and never got stuck

Festivas Rule
By stiva_gal

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I have put more than 65,000 miles on this car -- it now has more than 90,000 -- and I have experienced minimal repairs. Most were routine maintenance. The no-frills design means there are far fewer things to break down. The car is very reliable in this region where temps range from 100 degrees in summer to -40 in the winter. Mileage ranges from 30 MPG in stop-and-got city traffic to slightly more than 50 MPG on the highway. Seats 4 adults comfortably with space for packages in the hatch.

Favorite Features

It starts on the coldest mornings with no frost-plug heater. Front-wheel drive and compact size make it easy to handle in snow, on ice, and in rainy conditions. Maneuvering busy city streets and parking is a breeze. Excellent mileage and inexpensive replacement tires since they're only 12".

Suggested Improvements

The heater is adequate but never gets really warm on very cold days. The parking brake assembly should be disassembled and cleaned twice a year to keep it working. Acceleration is slow with the 1.2 litre engine, but a little patience is rewarded with reliability and gas mileage.