Used 1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

Best damn car i ever had!!!
By tgunn71

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I had this car for 17 years before having to make the sad decision to let her go at 225k miles when she had electrical issues that were going to be to pricey to fix. In its early days I experienced gas mileage in excess of 50 mpg hwy and nearly 60 mpg on long road trips at approx. 70 mph. Even when it got older she still got over 40mpg highway but I chose to no longer take her on long road trips for fear she wouldnt make it. This was also the best car I have ever driven in the snow. I never got stuck once. Wish I could find another one. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I love my festy!
By Charlie1717

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I love my Festiva. Great MPG, fun to drive, Very reliable. If you want a good fun reliable car with unbelievable gas mileage then buy a festiva. They are getting hard to come by. FESTIVA!

Favorite Features

Cheap to fix/upgrade Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

put 13" rims on cheap and easy to do (plus you can get cheap tires)

The 'wip'
By Joseph

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my then 16 y/o daughter as a 'disposable' vehicle with the intention of replacing it within 6 months or when she totaled it... Well, 8 years later and the car is still going strong. It has has several repairs due to use and abuse but it has performed flawlessly overall. Now, it is the pride and joy of my youngest son who keeps it in tip top running condition. He is always looking for ways to better it without altering the original package.

Favorite Features

Its easyness to drive. And the heads it turns.

Suggested Improvements

It could be a little more comfortable. But what can we ask of 150000 miles?

Good Commuter
By schmaltz

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Purchased 2.5 years ago for a commuter car. Reliable basic fuel efficient transportation with no frills. Now has 210,000 miles on it, uses a couple of quarts of oil between changes.

Favorite Features

4 wheels. Steering wheel. Seat.

Festiva review
By Reddove

1991 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Performance is what can be expected from a small car that gets 40 mpg. I find it low to the ground and have developed a way to climb out. Bad backs beware. Interior is very roomy and can fit three bales of hay inside. Seat plastic is cheap, lots of head room. I'd want it to die so I can justify getting another car, but it won't. Tires last 20,000 miles. All in all it is the least expensive transportation I have ever had or can find again at .04 per mile. I have 130k city miles, three teenagers who have learned to drive on it. Goes great in the snow as long as you don't stop on a drift, it sinks.

Favorite Features

Cost per mile, sharp turn radius, head room, easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat material. Slightly larger brakes so as to stop quicker at highway speeds. Faster heat for winter driving. Never seems to warm up for the short hauls.