1991 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Best damn car i ever had!!!
By tgunn71 on 08/17/12 16:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I had this car for 17 years before having to make the sad decision to let her go at 225k miles when she had electrical issues that were going to be to pricey to fix. In its early days I experienced gas mileage in excess of 50 mpg hwy and nearly 60 mpg on long road trips at approx. 70 mph. Even when it got older she still got over 40mpg highway but I chose to no longer take her on long road trips for fear she wouldnt make it. This was also the best car I have ever driven in the snow. I never got stuck once. Wish I could find another one. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I love my festy!
By Charlie1717 on 12/28/09 10:10 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I love my Festiva. Great MPG, fun to drive, Very reliable. If you want a good fun reliable car with unbelievable gas mileage then buy a festiva. They are getting hard to come by. FESTIVA!

The 'wip'
By Joseph on 07/07/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my then 16 y/o daughter as a 'disposable' vehicle with the intention of replacing it within 6 months or when she totaled it... Well, 8 years later and the car is still going strong. It has has several repairs due to use and abuse but it has performed flawlessly overall. Now, it is the pride and joy of my youngest son who keeps it in tip top running condition. He is always looking for ways to better it without altering the original package.

Good Commuter
By schmaltz on 09/24/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Purchased 2.5 years ago for a commuter car. Reliable basic fuel efficient transportation with no frills. Now has 210,000 miles on it, uses a couple of quarts of oil between changes.

Festiva review
By Reddove on 09/01/06 12:34 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Performance is what can be expected from a small car that gets 40 mpg. I find it low to the ground and have developed a way to climb out. Bad backs beware. Interior is very roomy and can fit three bales of hay inside. Seat plastic is cheap, lots of head room. I'd want it to die so I can justify getting another car, but it won't. Tires last 20,000 miles. All in all it is the least expensive transportation I have ever had or can find again at .04 per mile. I have 130k city miles, three teenagers who have learned to drive on it. Goes great in the snow as long as you don't stop on a drift, it sinks.

After 15 years I am finally selling it
By fl678 on 03/01/06 10:03 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this little oddly shaped car since it had 6 miles and it has been extremely reliable. The only issue I ever had was the ball bearings going out every few thousand miles. It has always work in cold or warm weather and fuel economy was fantastic when I bought it 15 years ago.

low maintenance and reliable
By HRS on 02/11/06 23:26 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car when it had 25,000 miles on it. 11 years later, it has 227,000 miles on it and is still going strong. It has only let me down once in 11 years and the cause was just a cracked distributor cap! It has been the best car I've owned. Can it make it to 300,000 miles? To be continued ...

Ford Festiva 1991
By Scott Postma on 04/29/05 21:16 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I've found this car trustworthy and free from unexpected maintenance. Not recomended for heavy highway driving as wind has effect on car. After 125,000 miles motor is very sound and doesn't burn oil. The interior is roomy and can hold 4 adults with leg room and headroom, or three bales of hay and two adults. I've enjoyed the smallness of the car as parking and turning around is very simple and quick, especially in downtown areas.

91 Festiva L
By KR2 on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

These cars are great! I've had 5, if you count Fiestas, all purchased for less than $1000. I drive them a year or two, they get a major problem, and I throw them away. Cylinders have blown on two, and the front end went out on a couple. Fixing them would cost more than buying another, so I bought another

i love this car
By frylok on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

this is the best car they make ive been everywhere offroad street winter and never got stuck