Used 1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

My favorite beater !
By steve-o1959

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva in 2008 for a cheap work vehicle. So far it has been great. 40-44 mpg average. No problems yet. Fun to drive with 5-speed. Peppy for a 1.3 liter engine. Handling so-so. Heavy steering at low speeds. It is what it is. Not a car for long trips but great around town. Seats actually quite comfortable(I,m 5'11", 230lbs.) Mine only has 109,000 miles. I've heard of many with 200,000 or more. Tires not available locally. Tire Rack has them but not as cheap as you would think for 12" tires. Most basic parts are available. This car is so good it makes you wonder what happened to it's successor, the Aspire!

Favorite Features

Small, light, great seating position and visibility, great mileage and good quality. A good used commuter car if you can find one.

Suggested Improvements

They should still be making these!

Very fun to drive
By Aric

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

OK Ford could not of hit the name of this car more perfect, Fiesta. It really is party like fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I'm getting 41 mpg city no upgrades. Love the steering and handling. It's not perfect. But if you leave to have fun on some country roads it gets the job done. I put 350 miles on it then fill it up only put a little under 25 dollars in it to fill it up. This car has a lot of room. I'm 6 foot 4 and am not cramped. Basically I'm saying I will have this car for as long as my family.

Favorite Features

Steering. Room. 41mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back or sombody build something like this. Anybody please build one.

Can't beat this!
By Kevyn

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a reliable, fun, long- time friend. I bought the car new in 1989. She has maneuvered me from many a mishap, always started except for one alternator change and 2 batteries. My "Car-Car" has 338,000 miles on her and I'll only replace her because she's noisy, and MY older body needs more comfort. I still average 40 miles/gallon (without use of heat or air conditioning. I have never replaced a clutch.

Favorite Features

Dependability, gas mileage, turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Make 'em again with more adjustments to steering wheel and seat for the older body I am now!

My Festiva Caught H
By FestivaFan4Life

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

Purchased at 120K, paid $1500. Drove 30,000 miles in the first year. Replaced tires and alternator and that was all it ever needed. Extremely dependable car. Didn't go in winter weather at all, but overall is a fun car to drive. Also not a powerhouse so is ideal for a young driver.

Favorite Features

Basic car, AM/FM Cassette, completely affordable especially with today's gas prices. Not a luxury car, but it's good at what it does.

Suggested Improvements

Car discontinued so no need to improve.

SHE'S STILL GOING!
By TEEJAY

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Well here I am again. Now my little white wonder has almost 268k and is still running. I bought a new Dodge Dakota in 04 and I like the truck, but with gas prices determined to stay $3 a gallon I drive my Festy to work most of the time. I recently retrofitted the a/c to 134a and it's nice & cold now. I basically use no oil between my 4k oil changes and just recently changed the timing belt, water pump & transmission fluid. So all in all this little car has far surpassed my expectations. You big suv drivers can laugh all you want, but I get 35mpg and didn't pay $40k for my commuter. My annual insurance costs are probably less than one of your car payments. So who's laughing now ha!ha!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage& impeccable durability that makes even Toyota blush! I'll get back with you all at 300k!

Suggested Improvements

Again for $6000 brand new and 35mpg/40 mpg with manual, who's complaining except OPEC. if all Americans owned Festys OPEC would be crying the blues!