1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
1990 Festiva
By festiva on 03/02/05 06:40 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car. Has more then paid for itself over the years. I got this car just as a joke but now the joke is on me.

Great car (unfortunately)
By squiggy81 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This thing won't die. It's ugly as hell, but it runs great still with basically no maintainence. In the past 6 years I've only put a clutch in it aside from tires and such. The rear wiper went out a couple years after I got it, but I don't miss it much. The paint is also starting to oxidize. I'm finally giving up on killing it and just getting a new car. Need a little more get up and go, although it is pretty zippy for 63hp.

The Red Festiva Dude
By The red festiva dude on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

now the festiva was made by kia, and i dont know if the new kias are as good as this car but it rocks. This is my second festiva, I was in the michigan Rally league and raced a festiva, that car took more than any car ever should, and still runs !!! Now i have my second one, and it is just great, even if something goes wrong its so easy to work on, I LOVE FESTIVAS !!!!

Best car I have owned.
By bunkhouse59 on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used in 1994. It now has 240,000 miles on it. Other than normal maintenance, I have had to replace the radiator fan assembly.

Festi
By rgrabill on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Best vehicle bargain I've ever found.

Herby the red festiva
By Jay Tugz on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my festiva from an old korean lady for 1000 dollors it had everything AC,AM/FM,auto,new paint and low miles about 40K on it now it has 100K and a now sun roof on it. It is the most reliable car we have, only problems were the vacuum modual and the brakes would wear quickly.But very cheap to maintain.

ENERGISER CAR!
By TEEJAY on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I RELUCTANTLY BOUGHT THIS LITTLE CAR WITH 182,000 MILES. I THOUGHT THAT I MIGHT GET ANOTHER 10,000 BEFORE IT DIED WELL ITS GOT 234,000 AND JUST LIKE THE BUNNY. IT KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING!LOOK OUT IT MIGHT OUT LAST MY TOYOTA CAMRY WITH 130,000. GO FESTIVA!!

Best Car Ever Made
By Matthew Elwart on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 90 for festiva for a couple of years now and not once had a problem with it. It is comfortable to drive and comfortable to be a passenger in. Though it may not be the biggest looking car it has the most roomy interior. It also gets great fuel economy It gets an average of 50 mpg. Most 17 year olds want sporty cars i wouldn't trade my festiva for anything in the world. It is the best car ever made.

best car eve made for reliability
By steve64 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Mine was actually a 1988 LX five speed with a/c. I bought it used in april 1997. I bought it with 192000miles on it. It never gave any trouble and I drove it to 234000 miles. It had the original engine, clutch, etc and was a great car. The car never used oil between 4000 mile intervals! The coil went bad at 234000 miles. The mechanic I took it to put water in the engine and cracked the piston. Jerk, he ruined the best car I ever had!

Price to sell
By Daryl rupnow on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Very reliable car. Economical to run. Easy to repair. Brakes repairs needed most often