1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
295k review
By teejay on 03/31/10 00:56 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Ok so here I am @ 295k. I was going to wait till 300k but I just couldn't. Well my little festy is still going! Still uses almost no oil between the 4k oil changes. Just minor problems with the interior locks and doors. And my after market speakers need to be replaced again. Mechanically she still seemed sound I am beginning to believe that I will really make it to 300k? Well see? Only problem is I am spoiled now in thinking that I should get 300k out of every car and I probably wont. Even the 2009 Toyota Tacoma I just bought. The festivas can teach Toyota a thing or two about durability!

90 festiva lx
By chessie12 on 01/02/10 13:10 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

i have a standard lx and man its fun just fixing it up a bit now but looking for a manifold and exhaust for it and than its in tip top shape. it has 393k kms and it still is a great car so i planed on fixing it up and it has lots of place to put in a bigger rad. but nothing but good news for this car

290,000 miles and still running
By teejay on 10/13/09 22:18 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

well here i am again for anyone out there that wants to read about my little festy. toughest car i have ever owned. hope to get 300k before i am done maybe then consider going 400k. who knows??? i bought car with 182k and thought 200 would be maybe possible. this little thing just keeps going and going and going!!!!!

super car
By The forever car on 08/13/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my wife when she was teaching in Virginia because it had the best crash test data of any of the small cars. It had to have an auto matic trans. I got it with AC AM/FM casette, elec outside mirrors, elec rear defrost and wiper. Every thing still works like new. It has 109000 mi. I keep it in like new condition. Clear coat paint has begun to go away. I wish Ford would make them again. We got 44 mpg when new but that is down to 37. I believe that the fuel injectors need replacement. Has passed smog test everytime. Emissions are about 5% of what is allowed. Super car I have driven this car from Virginia to California 3 times and slept in it several times!!!

My festiva's x 2
By rock hound on 08/12/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

Both are excellent little car very dependable, one engine has about 375,000 the other 185,000 both still running strong. They both get about 40 miles per gallon, plenty of power. Getting a little hard to find 12" tires, and because of the smaller diameter the rough roads tend to break the belts on them but most likely this is because there from China now. If your lucky enough to buy one keep it! One of them does have a raw smell inside the vehicle which I can't find

My favorite beater !
By steve-o1959 on 02/13/09 08:32 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva in 2008 for a cheap work vehicle. So far it has been great. 40-44 mpg average. No problems yet. Fun to drive with 5-speed. Peppy for a 1.3 liter engine. Handling so-so. Heavy steering at low speeds. It is what it is. Not a car for long trips but great around town. Seats actually quite comfortable(I,m 5'11", 230lbs.) Mine only has 109,000 miles. I've heard of many with 200,000 or more. Tires not available locally. Tire Rack has them but not as cheap as you would think for 12" tires. Most basic parts are available. This car is so good it makes you wonder what happened to it's successor, the Aspire!

Very fun to drive
By Aric on 08/26/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

OK Ford could not of hit the name of this car more perfect, Fiesta. It really is party like fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I'm getting 41 mpg city no upgrades. Love the steering and handling. It's not perfect. But if you leave to have fun on some country roads it gets the job done. I put 350 miles on it then fill it up only put a little under 25 dollars in it to fill it up. This car has a lot of room. I'm 6 foot 4 and am not cramped. Basically I'm saying I will have this car for as long as my family.

Can't beat this!
By Kevyn on 03/18/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a reliable, fun, long- time friend. I bought the car new in 1989. She has maneuvered me from many a mishap, always started except for one alternator change and 2 batteries. My "Car-Car" has 338,000 miles on her and I'll only replace her because she's noisy, and MY older body needs more comfort. I still average 40 miles/gallon (without use of heat or air conditioning. I have never replaced a clutch.

My Festiva Caught H
By FestivaFan4Life on 06/10/06 18:32 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback L Plus 2dr Hatchback

Purchased at 120K, paid $1500. Drove 30,000 miles in the first year. Replaced tires and alternator and that was all it ever needed. Extremely dependable car. Didn't go in winter weather at all, but overall is a fun car to drive. Also not a powerhouse so is ideal for a young driver.

SHE'S STILL GOING!
By TEEJAY on 04/03/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Well here I am again. Now my little white wonder has almost 268k and is still running. I bought a new Dodge Dakota in 04 and I like the truck, but with gas prices determined to stay $3 a gallon I drive my Festy to work most of the time. I recently retrofitted the a/c to 134a and it's nice & cold now. I basically use no oil between my 4k oil changes and just recently changed the timing belt, water pump & transmission fluid. So all in all this little car has far surpassed my expectations. You big suv drivers can laugh all you want, but I get 35mpg and didn't pay $40k for my commuter. My annual insurance costs are probably less than one of your car payments. So who's laughing now ha!ha!