1990 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
295k review
By teejay on 03/31/10 00:56 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

Ok so here I am @ 295k. I was going to wait till 300k but I just couldn't. Well my little festy is still going! Still uses almost no oil between the 4k oil changes. Just minor problems with the interior locks and doors. And my after market speakers need to be replaced again. Mechanically she still seemed sound I am beginning to believe that I will really make it to 300k? Well see? Only problem is I am spoiled now in thinking that I should get 300k out of every car and I probably wont. Even the 2009 Toyota Tacoma I just bought. The festivas can teach Toyota a thing or two about durability!

90 festiva lx
By chessie12 on 01/02/10 13:10 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

i have a standard lx and man its fun just fixing it up a bit now but looking for a manifold and exhaust for it and than its in tip top shape. it has 393k kms and it still is a great car so i planed on fixing it up and it has lots of place to put in a bigger rad. but nothing but good news for this car

290,000 miles and still running
By teejay on 10/13/09 22:18 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

well here i am again for anyone out there that wants to read about my little festy. toughest car i have ever owned. hope to get 300k before i am done maybe then consider going 400k. who knows??? i bought car with 182k and thought 200 would be maybe possible. this little thing just keeps going and going and going!!!!!

super car
By The forever car on 08/13/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my wife when she was teaching in Virginia because it had the best crash test data of any of the small cars. It had to have an auto matic trans. I got it with AC AM/FM casette, elec outside mirrors, elec rear defrost and wiper. Every thing still works like new. It has 109000 mi. I keep it in like new condition. Clear coat paint has begun to go away. I wish Ford would make them again. We got 44 mpg when new but that is down to 37. I believe that the fuel injectors need replacement. Has passed smog test everytime. Emissions are about 5% of what is allowed. Super car I have driven this car from Virginia to California 3 times and slept in it several times!!!

Can't beat this!
By Kevyn on 03/18/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a reliable, fun, long- time friend. I bought the car new in 1989. She has maneuvered me from many a mishap, always started except for one alternator change and 2 batteries. My "Car-Car" has 338,000 miles on her and I'll only replace her because she's noisy, and MY older body needs more comfort. I still average 40 miles/gallon (without use of heat or air conditioning. I have never replaced a clutch.

SHE'S STILL GOING!
By TEEJAY on 04/03/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

Well here I am again. Now my little white wonder has almost 268k and is still running. I bought a new Dodge Dakota in 04 and I like the truck, but with gas prices determined to stay $3 a gallon I drive my Festy to work most of the time. I recently retrofitted the a/c to 134a and it's nice & cold now. I basically use no oil between my 4k oil changes and just recently changed the timing belt, water pump & transmission fluid. So all in all this little car has far surpassed my expectations. You big suv drivers can laugh all you want, but I get 35mpg and didn't pay $40k for my commuter. My annual insurance costs are probably less than one of your car payments. So who's laughing now ha!ha!

Great car (unfortunately)
By squiggy81 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

This thing won't die. It's ugly as hell, but it runs great still with basically no maintainence. In the past 6 years I've only put a clutch in it aside from tires and such. The rear wiper went out a couple years after I got it, but I don't miss it much. The paint is also starting to oxidize. I'm finally giving up on killing it and just getting a new car. Need a little more get up and go, although it is pretty zippy for 63hp.

ENERGISER CAR!
By TEEJAY on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

I RELUCTANTLY BOUGHT THIS LITTLE CAR WITH 182,000 MILES. I THOUGHT THAT I MIGHT GET ANOTHER 10,000 BEFORE IT DIED WELL ITS GOT 234,000 AND JUST LIKE THE BUNNY. IT KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING!LOOK OUT IT MIGHT OUT LAST MY TOYOTA CAMRY WITH 130,000. GO FESTIVA!!

best car eve made for reliability
By steve64 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

Mine was actually a 1988 LX five speed with a/c. I bought it used in april 1997. I bought it with 192000miles on it. It never gave any trouble and I drove it to 234000 miles. It had the original engine, clutch, etc and was a great car. The car never used oil between 4000 mile intervals! The coil went bad at 234000 miles. The mechanic I took it to put water in the engine and cracked the piston. Jerk, he ruined the best car I ever had!

fixer uper
By christopher shelton on 02/27/02 16:01 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Festiva LX 2dr Hatchback

I have a festiva and I am going to fix it up and sell it so if any one knows were I can get a driver door white and a cluth plate and a white hood please e mail me. for a car that is a 88 it gets great gas mileage and it can be fun in the snow thanks.