Used 1990 Ford Festiva L Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Festiva

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:

My favorite beater !
By steve-o1959

1990 Ford Festiva L Plus 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Festiva in 2008 for a cheap work vehicle. So far it has been great. 40-44 mpg average. No problems yet. Fun to drive with 5-speed. Peppy for a 1.3 liter engine. Handling so-so. Heavy steering at low speeds. It is what it is. Not a car for long trips but great around town. Seats actually quite comfortable(I,m 5'11", 230lbs.) Mine only has 109,000 miles. I've heard of many with 200,000 or more. Tires not available locally. Tire Rack has them but not as cheap as you would think for 12" tires. Most basic parts are available. This car is so good it makes you wonder what happened to it's successor, the Aspire!

Favorite Features

Small, light, great seating position and visibility, great mileage and good quality. A good used commuter car if you can find one.

Suggested Improvements

They should still be making these!

Very fun to drive
By Aric

1990 Ford Festiva L Plus 2dr Hatchback

OK Ford could not of hit the name of this car more perfect, Fiesta. It really is party like fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I'm getting 41 mpg city no upgrades. Love the steering and handling. It's not perfect. But if you leave to have fun on some country roads it gets the job done. I put 350 miles on it then fill it up only put a little under 25 dollars in it to fill it up. This car has a lot of room. I'm 6 foot 4 and am not cramped. Basically I'm saying I will have this car for as long as my family.

Favorite Features

Steering. Room. 41mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back or sombody build something like this. Anybody please build one.

My Festiva Caught H
By FestivaFan4Life

1990 Ford Festiva L Plus 2dr Hatchback

Purchased at 120K, paid $1500. Drove 30,000 miles in the first year. Replaced tires and alternator and that was all it ever needed. Extremely dependable car. Didn't go in winter weather at all, but overall is a fun car to drive. Also not a powerhouse so is ideal for a young driver.

Favorite Features

Basic car, AM/FM Cassette, completely affordable especially with today's gas prices. Not a luxury car, but it's good at what it does.

Suggested Improvements

Car discontinued so no need to improve.

1990 Festiva
By festiva

1990 Ford Festiva L Plus 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car. Has more then paid for itself over the years. I got this car just as a joke but now the joke is on me.

Favorite Features

Turning ratio.

Suggested Improvements

Take the back set ash tray out; makes a great cup holder.

The Red Festiva Dude
By The red festiva dude

1990 Ford Festiva L Plus 2dr Hatchback

now the festiva was made by kia, and i dont know if the new kias are as good as this car but it rocks. This is my second festiva, I was in the michigan Rally league and raced a festiva, that car took more than any car ever should, and still runs !!! Now i have my second one, and it is just great, even if something goes wrong its so easy to work on, I LOVE FESTIVAS !!!!

Favorite Features

milage, easy driving, EVERYTHING

Suggested Improvements

when engine is pushed it is way to noisy, should have a little more power, but still a great car