Used 2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:

Great Hauler
By norse56

2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Replacement for 2008 F-450. In pulling 20,000 horse trailer, 2011 gets 10+ mpg vs 7 mpg. Difference in power/torque is remarkable with the new engine. Unloaded ride is much better with the smaller, non-commercial tires that came on the 2008. Unloaded highway mileage is 16+ mpg vs 12 in the 2008. Only have 800 miles on truck, so mileage should climb, once broken in.

Ford Sync system with real-time weather info, which displays color radar info and wind direction/velocities on the navigational map is extremely helpful in pulling high profile trailers.

Better security system to prevent professional thieves from "popping the door lock" to gain access to truck.

Time will tell
By cul8ertx

A bit early to make a lot of noise about this truck as I have only driven it 350 miles to get it home after an out of state purchase. However, there is a lot to be excited about. The turning radius is "tight" for such a large truck and the throttle response is all there! Average MPG (computed) 13.9 @ 75 MPH and I've only driven it 350 miles! The ride is very nice for a 450 and the cab is roomy and well laid out. I can't wait to put a big trailer behind it and see what it can do.

I am especially fond of the many features not available on my 2006 that are on this one such as seat A/C, power mirrors, memory group, navigation, point point in rear of front console, etc. So long noisy engine!

Automatic entry/exit seats, telescoping steering wheel and pedals. Would really like to see more color choices (exterior and interior combination).

The KING of Pickup Trucks!
By DieselWMB

2011 Ford F-450 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my first pickup truck and although I was nervous about owning something so large, it's proven to be extremely manageable despite it's size. Outside, it's the most capable, rugged, attractive pickup on the market, period. Inside, it's creature comforts, quiet ride and electronic goodies rival that of any "luxury" car/SUV brand. Fuel mileage is very good for a truck of this size (16 MPG on average). Anyone considering a 2011 F-450 will not be disappointed, especially if you opt for the King Ranch package.

Navigation/Sync (the best hands free system period), King Ranch leather seats, climate system & cooled seats, efficient engine and SIZE!

Power tilt/telescoping wheel /w assisted entry/exit would be nice.

Love my ride
By Big Tex

I was able to get mine early because of some connections I have a ford. We have been testing it and we love the truck it has performed well and proves very reliable. The towing is fairly consistent with last years model and is simple to operate and understand.

The King Ranch Leather