2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty 6.4L V8 Twin-turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Yes and No!

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XL Crew Cab Pickup (6.4L V8 Twin-turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

Yes and No!
By Denise on

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I traded up from a 2000 F350 with 50,000 miles. The 08 F450 is a much better riding, and driving truck and the King Ranch package can't be beat. It definitely has more power then the 2000, and the suspension is amazing - I have a Lance 1181 camper that's 4000lbs dry weight in the bed and the truck hardly sits down with it on there. But here's the no! with only 5500 miles on the truck and easy hauling it has been in the shop for more than six weeks with transmission problems, over heating issues and now it's starting to chug and act "weird" intermittently. Boy, I hope I haven't just given up reliability for comfort!

Favorite Features

King Ranch package, the looks, the pickup an power, the load capacity, the ride compared to the old bumpy trucks, cab heater and navigation are sweet too.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy - I'm getting about 8mpg towing and 9 not. The governor - I hate that someone tells me how fast I can drive. Reliability - this truck has been in the shop more in the first 6 mos than the entire 5 years with my 2000.