2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Review: Re-Review, I have a change of

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (6.4L V8 Twin-turbo Diesel 4x4 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

Re-Review, I have a change of mind...
By 85punkrock on

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I had originally reviewed this truck well over a year ago. Since that time I've had the rad replaced twice and then a loss of power problem. Ford replaced the fuel pump, but that didn't fix the problem. After 6 months of back and forth they finally figured out it was the high pressure pump. Towing a 18K lb trailer was a challenge on a recent trip when the truck kept losing power. Thankfully they finally fixed it! I have to admit, Ford did help out in the way of giving me a rental vehicle and covering everything under the Powertrain warranty. But would I buy another one? Nah. Should have gone for one of those Freightliners!

Very nice features. Nav, 6 disc player, leather seats... all the bells and whistles!

Fuel performance! I have the 4.88 axles and it drinks diesel like crazy! Pulls well when towing our 40 foot toy hauler, but I have to stop for fuel every 200 miles. Ugh!