Probably worst mistake in my life
By Yuri on
2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
Since 11/07, truck has been in shop 7-8 times. Last time it had the entire head replaced; took about 30 days. Absolutely NO POWER to this date. Also have an 08 GMC 2500 Duramax, blows this Ford out of water with power. I am sad to find all these posts as I am doing research tonight on my new truck- 2009 Sierra 3500. Will be at GMC tomorrow getting trade-in appraisal for it. I do excavating so I am daily towing 10-12k trailer w/ either a mini-ex or skid-steer. Absolutely a dog in power. Took to Ford dealer several times, they say it's fine. Get literally 7-8 mpg avg. GMC gets 11-12 towing same exact load w/ tons more power. If you love yourself, PLEASE do not buy this truck.
Favorite Features
Looks great, handles heavy loads amazing. Steering radius is very good for size of truck. VERY strong brakes. Very nice interior and ride quality is very good for the size of truck.
Suggested Improvements
Recall the millions of new 6.4l strokers and offer customers an official appology. I do not work for any company, just hope someone will learn from my mistake. Unfortunately, I did not have any reviews to go on when I bought it in 07.