My last F-450 review... it's DEAD! re-re-review
By peacepunk on
2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
This is my last update on our 2008 F-450. I no longer wish to own this vehicle. Do not buy a 2008, it will leave you broke! As I was driving my kids home after their karate practice, we noticed a strange clicking sound coming from the engine. The sound kept getting louder and louder so I was attempting to find a safe place to pull over in the middle of no where. Too late. The truck just suddenly shut off. I was told by our Ford service department today that we need a new engine. Cost: $16,000 or the other "cheaper" option is a partial rebuild at $14,000. "Internal problem" is their diagnosis. So dissapointed in a truck I used to love.
Favorite Features
It was a great truck when it worked. Now it doesn't. See my previous reviews.
Suggested Improvements
All the things I hear about the 2008 models is true, just get rid of them! The only improvement is not to buy one! Beware!!
By peacepunk
on 02/06/11 23:56 PM (PST)

My previous reviews were under "85punkrock". It's still dead btw. We now have a very expensive lawn ornament.

By peacepunk
on 09/22/11 00:03 AM (PDT)

I see people are giving my review a thumbs down. I'm sorry to tell you that everything that happened is true. Are the people giving the thumbs downs perhaps Ford employees?? Everything I have said happened. If you're a new 450 owner, I wish you well, but I was one of them and had the biggest headache of my life. It was like flushing $50,000 down the toilet!