2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Review: Love Hate Relationship

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (6.4L V8 Twin-turbo Diesel 4x4 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

Love Hate Relationship
By Horse Show Hubby on

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought the King Ranch and love the interior. The stereo and nav system are great and I also like the braking. The heating system is excellent and love those heated seats. Really like the low noise diesel engine. Power loss on hills while towing is to be expected but not to s only 11,000 miles on it, I still only get 7mpg hauling and 9.5 in town. 488 gearing robs the mpg. Truck has been takien to the dealer's numerous times because it doesn't feel or sound as though it's running correctly. I'm always told it's fine. I'm waiting for the big "Kaboom!" The governor's got to go and the exhaust system needs a complete over haul.

King Ranch package. Like the towing capacity and the look of the truck. Comfort during 15 hour hauls is a plus.

Remove governor and change exhaust system. Install a true diesel engine such as Caterpillar, Cummins etc. Factory air bags.