2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Review: F-450 is King of the Road

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Review

F-450 is King of the Road
By Smithy on

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have had my F-450 for a year and have had zero problems. I tow a trailer that weighs in at 11,000 lbs empty, and 24,000 + lbs loaded. It handles the loads easy, has plenty of power to keep it moving up big hills (Grape Vine, Pacheco Pass). The Tow Command system is incredible with seemless, smooth braking and downshifting to get you stopped in a hurry. This truck rides excellent, interior is beautiful and comfortable. The sound system is top notch. My fuel mileage started out low; about 7.5- 8.0 mpg towing and 9.5- 10 mpg empty. When I hit 15,000 miles the mileage took a jump to 9.5 mpg towing and 14 mpg empty (driving at 70 mph with 4.88 gears). Bottom line, I love this truck.

Stability under load, superior comfort and handling, great looks and convenience features (tailgate step and handle, to name one). Commercial tires and wheels. Tons of power to pull whatever you want.

I would like to see a two speed rear end so the truck could be geared up when not working hard.