2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Review: A few hiccups but overall AWES

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Review

A few hiccups but overall AWESOME
By Paul on

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I use this truck every day to tow various trailers for work and pleasure. From a 6 ton travel trailer to 2 jet skis on a trailer, towing is simply amazing. I had the same radiator problems everyone else seems to have had but mine was fixed in a day at the dealer. Perimeter lights on the bed fell out constantly but those too were fixed and have been ok since then. The 80mph governor was a surprise but I read it has to do with the stock tires. It has been terrific advertisement for my company and a great work horse- I've tugged a semi out of a ditch with it, no problem! Upgrade to the "Banks Combo" for more HP and better efficiency, 15k will get you a lift, new wheels and tires to die for!

The interior is ridiculously nice for a work truck. Power EVERYTHING. The power mirrors are great as you can fold them in or out and extend them with a touch of a button. The exterior is sexy, you will definitely turn heads. The towing capacity and power is what makes this truck stand out.

With the stock tires and HUGE differential, good luck on the sand. I barely make it on and off the beach and leave a nice track as I drag my differential through the sand. I expect the lift kit/wheels I'm investing in will solve this small problem and also improve the overall ride on and off road.