2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:
Outstanding Family Truck
By John on 03/09/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We have the King cab and have people looking at it, asking all kinds of questions and commenting on its good looks every week. The truck is a super hauler, looks great, fun to drive (Wife claims its her's) and is a perfect combination with our 40' toy hauler.

Love Hate Relationship
By Horse Show Hubby on 10/21/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

Bought the King Ranch and love the interior. The stereo and nav system are great and I also like the braking. The heating system is excellent and love those heated seats. Really like the low noise diesel engine. Power loss on hills while towing is to be expected but not to s only 11,000 miles on it, I still only get 7mpg hauling and 9.5 in town. 488 gearing robs the mpg. Truck has been takien to the dealer's numerous times because it doesn't feel or sound as though it's running correctly. I'm always told it's fine. I'm waiting for the big "Kaboom!" The governor's got to go and the exhaust system needs a complete over haul.

More Junk
By Charlie on 10/10/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

When it works it is a good truck. In '07 hauling horses and 40 footer it stranded us on the road in Oklahoma. Two weeks, two dealers later it was supposedly fixed. Broke again on the way home. Right now it is in shop in North Carolina. Stranded again on road in Nebraska. Fixed then broke again in NC. Replace injector 1 three times, and elect module once. This truck has been towed to shop four times. When we get it back .... sold.

A nice ride for a big truck!
By 85PUNKROCK on 05/26/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

This is one big truck! We purchased this so we can tow our 40' toy hauler. The 1 tons won't do the job. The quality of this truck is impressive.The 6.4L diesel barely makes a sound and the interior is amazing! Navigation, rear DVD for the kids, 6 disc CD, wow! This truck handles and feels like a car but you're above the traffic and know you're in a truck. Ford made the right choice to make a commercial truck into a heavy duty hauler for a family. More people are buying large 5th wheels and this is the natural choice. And I know I made the right one!

Sweet horse hauler
By DGP on 05/21/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

Have 17,500 and love the truck. Interior is beautiful and convenient. Can ride for days and feel fresh. Pulling a 40 ft horse trailer with 8- 10 horses. Have no problem with power. Gas mileage is where I expected it. 10 to 15 mpg hauling 14 to 17 off hook. Notice a big difference in mpg from 55 to 65. No problems so far. Prior truck was gmc 3500. No comparison.

Dont Let Ford Keep Doing This
By Sharon on 04/11/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Ford decided not to honor their warranty because the truck had been abused... Even though all the proper paper work was given to them of all the oil changes. The engineer would not accept that the oil and filter had in fact been changed. All this goes back to the engine.. Smoking and over heating from the beginning. Apparently the fix did not fix it. Any one else having problems with Ford over warranty issues? I guess they will have it towed back to my house.. (another $400 for towing) unless I let them fix it for $5,000 dollars, and there is no way unless the money falls down from the sky!

F-450 is King of the Road
By Smithy on 04/03/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

I have had my F-450 for a year and have had zero problems. I tow a trailer that weighs in at 11,000 lbs empty, and 24,000 + lbs loaded. It handles the loads easy, has plenty of power to keep it moving up big hills (Grape Vine, Pacheco Pass). The Tow Command system is incredible with seemless, smooth braking and downshifting to get you stopped in a hurry. This truck rides excellent, interior is beautiful and comfortable. The sound system is top notch. My fuel mileage started out low; about 7.5- 8.0 mpg towing and 9.5- 10 mpg empty. When I hit 15,000 miles the mileage took a jump to 9.5 mpg towing and 14 mpg empty (driving at 70 mph with 4.88 gears). Bottom line, I love this truck.

Junk
By Bill on 03/20/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

14750 miles and 34 days in for repair - ABS problems, cooling problem, loss of power, light bulbs falling out, hub caps falling off, can only use 33 gallons max of the 38 gal tank, 5.1 MPG towing 10,000lbs, 80MPH max speed.. This vehicle has to be the worst I have ever had experience with. I used to put 100,000 mi/yr on F350s and if I was still towing like I was then I would be out of business. Now because of 5MPG towing and 8.5 empty, I can't afford to drive it. On top of it all, Ford will not stand behind it and I am out of luck..

In the shop again
By toran on 03/14/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

In January of 08 I bought an F450 for hauling cars. The first thing I noticed was that I was getting around 6.6-5.0 mileage while towing! My best friend has 07 Dodge & a Chevy and he's getting around 8-10. The next thing is after putting 10,000 miles on it it's been in the shop 2 different times for egr values and a busted radiator! I have 4.10 gears in it I'm looking to swap them out for some 3.73's to get better mileage, if I can get the thing out of the shop!

Not a real super duty
By chris garland on 02/29/08 13:07 PM (PST)

I am a car hauler. my max weight is 20,000 lb. I have 19,000 (5 months ) miles on the truck with 3 week in the shop for repairs on the cooling system. It has been hard to do business with kind of preformance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.