Used 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-450-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:

Probably worst mistake in my life
By Yuri

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Since 11/07, truck has been in shop 7-8 times. Last time it had the entire head replaced; took about 30 days. Absolutely NO POWER to this date. Also have an 08 GMC 2500 Duramax, blows this Ford out of water with power. I am sad to find all these posts as I am doing research tonight on my new truck- 2009 Sierra 3500. Will be at GMC tomorrow getting trade-in appraisal for it. I do excavating so I am daily towing 10-12k trailer w/ either a mini-ex or skid-steer. Absolutely a dog in power. Took to Ford dealer several times, they say it's fine. Get literally 7-8 mpg avg. GMC gets 11-12 towing same exact load w/ tons more power. If you love yourself, PLEASE do not buy this truck.

Favorite Features

Looks great, handles heavy loads amazing. Steering radius is very good for size of truck. VERY strong brakes. Very nice interior and ride quality is very good for the size of truck.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the millions of new 6.4l strokers and offer customers an official appology. I do not work for any company, just hope someone will learn from my mistake. Unfortunately, I did not have any reviews to go on when I bought it in 07.

Re-Review, I have a change of mind...
By 85punkrock

I had originally reviewed this truck well over a year ago. Since that time I've had the rad replaced twice and then a loss of power problem. Ford replaced the fuel pump, but that didn't fix the problem. After 6 months of back and forth they finally figured out it was the high pressure pump. Towing a 18K lb trailer was a challenge on a recent trip when the truck kept losing power. Thankfully they finally fixed it! I have to admit, Ford did help out in the way of giving me a rental vehicle and covering everything under the Powertrain warranty. But would I buy another one? Nah. Should have gone for one of those Freightliners!

Favorite Features

Very nice features. Nav, 6 disc player, leather seats... all the bells and whistles!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel performance! I have the 4.88 axles and it drinks diesel like crazy! Pulls well when towing our 40 foot toy hauler, but I have to stop for fuel every 200 miles. Ugh!

hunk of junk that looks good!!
By hans

@ 10770 miles turbo went bad enigne noise, turbo noise over heating all sort of problems, @ 13500 engine rebuilt , engine noise, turbo leak, overheating!! @ 13700 miles radiator replaced. @ 16600 miles date 10/01/09 vehicle in shop AGAIN! turbo leak, temp gauge problem, radiator leak, smell of oil in cabin, engine oil leak. ford refuse to replace the vehicle. just a nightmare. DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK!

Favorite Features

IT ONLY LOOKS GOOD THATS ALL

Suggested Improvements

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS....TAKE IT TO A JUNK YARD!!

You've Got to Be Kidding
By Ex chevy owner

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

63K miles - 4th time in the shop for major repair. Latest adventure 1 week to replace fuel pump, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE CAB TO GET TO IT? This truck was not designed to be maintained. Change fuel filter every other oil change ($$$$). Regular tire shops cannot change or rotate tires (???). This truck is not one of Ford's better ideas.

Favorite Features

Fully customized truck - love the looks, love the ride, love the interior. HATE the cost of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Better engineering.

dont buy one
By Breaking me

I have had my truck for 12 months, it has been in the shop 16 times for a little over 180 days but ford will not buy back! one problem after another. currently if has been in the shop for over 30 days,last week they where test driving it before calling me to pick it up after 3 weeks in and it sucked a valve on the test drive. They cant even keep it running long enough to give it back to me from the previous repair.

Favorite Features

How good it looks sitting in my driveway (Not Running) !!!!

Suggested Improvements

Replace the entire drive and cooling system. l or even 7 speed trans to run 75 @ low Rpms like the big rigs do! eave the truck alone and they'll have something!