Used 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:

Good tow unit
By nwbucs

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I purchased truck about 1 year ago and have not had any problems to date. I have a 38 ft fifth wheel that weighs about 14 K and this truck pulls without effort. We took a trip over Blewett pass and it was like there was no trailer behind me. Keep up with the usual maintenance-oil changes and fuel filters every other oil change. I have owned 4 super duties and this is by far the best.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, sound system ,climate control

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage is terrible but its only a part time driver anyways.

My last F-450 review... it's DEAD! re-re-review
By peacepunk

This is my last update on our 2008 F-450. I no longer wish to own this vehicle. Do not buy a 2008, it will leave you broke! As I was driving my kids home after their karate practice, we noticed a strange clicking sound coming from the engine. The sound kept getting louder and louder so I was attempting to find a safe place to pull over in the middle of no where. Too late. The truck just suddenly shut off. I was told by our Ford service department today that we need a new engine. Cost: $16,000 or the other "cheaper" option is a partial rebuild at $14,000. "Internal problem" is their diagnosis. So dissapointed in a truck I used to love.

Favorite Features

It was a great truck when it worked. Now it doesn't. See my previous reviews.

Suggested Improvements

All the things I hear about the 2008 models is true, just get rid of them! The only improvement is not to buy one! Beware!!

Rock Solid TRUCK!
By usa_dfndr

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Owned V-10 F250 and 2006 GMC 3500HD Duramax. This truck is superior to all vice three(3) distinct challenges: mileage/Ford-offered retrofits to resolve&increase mileage ARE NON-EXISTENT, drive-train (transmission/differential)slip especially releasing gas and re- stepping on it to begin acceleration again. Duramax+Allison transmission combo. FAR superior in this regard. 3rd item is moderate bucking caused w/ 43.5ft 5th wheel Toyhauler atch'd and truck headed downhill w/ cruise control on. Thought truck was pulling itself apart on 1,900mile cross- country trip. Glad to date/zero ENGINE problems @ 30,000 miles. Knocking on wood and saying a prayer for 300,00 to 500,000 miles problem- free.

Favorite Features

Towing capacity/turning radius vice former 2004 F-250 Super Cab -- this thing is amazing in relation to competition to include the GMC.

Suggested Improvements

Factory-new 6-speed conversion kit for 2008-2010 model years MUST be offered by Ford FREE! 4.88 rear-end + 6.4L formerly new engine way BAD fuel economy. 30K miles = 11 mi/gal not towing/likely 6.5 towing! I was Deployed from 11/07 to Jun 08//VERY limited miles over that period. Commute truck since.

DO NOT BUY !!!
By bryan

This truck is junk! The truck is in the shop more than its on the road. My dealer has been excellent but the truck is not! When you go to the dealer their shop is field with 6.4 trucks. I have been a Ford guy my whole life but not any more. Dodge here I come

Favorite Features

truck is beautiful!!

Suggested Improvements

go back to the drawing board and fix these truck before you loose all of your customers.

Junk
By BoughtmylastFord

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Very unhappy with this truck, its allways broke down & in the shop, turbo, engine block, numerous sensors. Sensors that only cost $ 50 and Ford doesn't have any in stock in Canada, hence the truck is out of service for a week. Had at least 10 serious breakdowns. Ford should be buying these back.

Favorite Features

Nothing, other than it looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Give up on this model, and refund the customers money.