Used 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty XLT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-450-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:

Junk
By BoughtmylastFord

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Very unhappy with this truck, its allways broke down & in the shop, turbo, engine block, numerous sensors. Sensors that only cost $ 50 and Ford doesn't have any in stock in Canada, hence the truck is out of service for a week. Had at least 10 serious breakdowns. Ford should be buying these back.

Favorite Features

Nothing, other than it looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Give up on this model, and refund the customers money.

You've Got to Be Kidding
By Ex chevy owner

63K miles - 4th time in the shop for major repair. Latest adventure 1 week to replace fuel pump, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE CAB TO GET TO IT? This truck was not designed to be maintained. Change fuel filter every other oil change ($$$$). Regular tire shops cannot change or rotate tires (???). This truck is not one of Ford's better ideas.

Favorite Features

Fully customized truck - love the looks, love the ride, love the interior. HATE the cost of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Better engineering.

In the shop again
By toran

In January of 08 I bought an F450 for hauling cars. The first thing I noticed was that I was getting around 6.6-5.0 mileage while towing! My best friend has 07 Dodge & a Chevy and he's getting around 8-10. The next thing is after putting 10,000 miles on it it's been in the shop 2 different times for egr values and a busted radiator! I have 4.10 gears in it I'm looking to swap them out for some 3.73's to get better mileage, if I can get the thing out of the shop!