2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-450 Super Duty model:
Another one bites the dust
By seehorse on 10/31/12 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought it in Texas thanks to a blown head gasket on my 05 F350 that left me stranded (5th time) and I had to get my 40' trailer to NM by the next day. Since the repair would have been a 3 day event I bought the 08 F450 off the dealer's lot. At first all was well, the truck pulled better than the 350 and it ran perfectly. It was trouble free for the first 4 years I owned it aside from it's abysmal fuel efficiency (6 MPG towing, the older 350 averaged around 10 with the same trailer). Then, things started to happen. A sensor crippled the truck. Repair. A turbo blew. Repair. Oil leak. Repair. DPE failure leading to blown engine. Currently broken, 66k and 10 days out of warranty.

Piece of junk Stay away dont buy
By snowkartracer on 07/30/12 15:50 PM (PDT)

Purchased truck early 07 when first came out I know have 128k miles . truck has spent a lot of time at dealer . many items broke main things are rear end . rear springs. trailer wiring .engine blew @ 106 k .3 radiators. air conditioner panel. replaced coolant hoses. replaced temp stat. new turbo and hoses replaced. many other little stuff . Its always fighting with ford they are not real customer helpful there never wanting to stand up to there piece of junk I will never purchase ford again Stay away don't buy

tough trucks
By ford104 on 06/06/12 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I hear alot of discussion on the 2008 ford f-450 and a few reviews stated that they had some serious problems with thier vehicles well i work for a company that operates mostly ford vehicles some chevys too.we use these trucks for dump trucks and heavy haul such as excavators backhoes etc and the ford has really outdone the chevrolet in terms of quality and power the ford responds better in the steering and even acceleration we put these trucks through some of the worst conditions there are and have not had a problem with the trucks at all i had one turbo go out thats it so for those of you who need a powerfull trck for towing and hauling heavy loads thr ford is the truck to buy

F450 nothing but trouble
By f550owner on 03/17/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Replaced 3 radiators, one at 17k, then at 34k then at 75k, and then a new engine. Fought with Ford, and wound up hiring a lemon lawyer and received a settlement of 20k, 5k to the lawyer, 15k for a used rebuilt engine, plus a 6 month delay while i maintained payments of nearly $900 a month. I settled, but others should get their money back, i would love to hear from others who may have had success in getting or receiving a settlement. Note: i have 104,000 miles and was out of warranty, they told me to pound sand

Found On the Road Dead
By badbadford on 01/25/12 19:31 PM (PST)

I bought this when my 2005 f 350 blue its motor the third time while stuck in Wyoming with six horses and a family in a motel, the 2008 got me home but over the last three years it broke down seven times, four radiators, two turbos an engine and now another break down and a new engine, now its 2000 miles out of extended warranty. It is unreliable, poorly built and only a fool would recommend it, the ones that do have never used it for long hauls or extensive ranch work which is what it was built to do.....FORD found on the road dead how true is that. Ford should be ashamed to sell this crap and a class action suit should be had. 29 repair items this time around....

Good tow unit
By nwbucs on 04/17/11 19:23 PM (PDT)

I purchased truck about 1 year ago and have not had any problems to date. I have a 38 ft fifth wheel that weighs about 14 K and this truck pulls without effort. We took a trip over Blewett pass and it was like there was no trailer behind me. Keep up with the usual maintenance-oil changes and fuel filters every other oil change. I have owned 4 super duties and this is by far the best.

My last F-450 review... it's DEAD! re-re-review
By peacepunk on 02/02/11 01:56 AM (PST)

This is my last update on our 2008 F-450. I no longer wish to own this vehicle. Do not buy a 2008, it will leave you broke! As I was driving my kids home after their karate practice, we noticed a strange clicking sound coming from the engine. The sound kept getting louder and louder so I was attempting to find a safe place to pull over in the middle of no where. Too late. The truck just suddenly shut off. I was told by our Ford service department today that we need a new engine. Cost: $16,000 or the other "cheaper" option is a partial rebuild at $14,000. "Internal problem" is their diagnosis. So dissapointed in a truck I used to love.

Rock Solid TRUCK!
By usa_dfndr on 05/15/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Owned V-10 F250 and 2006 GMC 3500HD Duramax. This truck is superior to all vice three(3) distinct challenges: mileage/Ford-offered retrofits to resolve&increase mileage ARE NON-EXISTENT, drive-train (transmission/differential)slip especially releasing gas and re- stepping on it to begin acceleration again. Duramax+Allison transmission combo. FAR superior in this regard. 3rd item is moderate bucking caused w/ 43.5ft 5th wheel Toyhauler atch'd and truck headed downhill w/ cruise control on. Thought truck was pulling itself apart on 1,900mile cross- country trip. Glad to date/zero ENGINE problems @ 30,000 miles. Knocking on wood and saying a prayer for 300,00 to 500,000 miles problem- free.

DO NOT BUY !!!
By bryan on 12/12/09 08:59 AM (PST)

This truck is junk! The truck is in the shop more than its on the road. My dealer has been excellent but the truck is not! When you go to the dealer their shop is field with 6.4 trucks. I have been a Ford guy my whole life but not any more. Dodge here I come

Junk
By BoughtmylastFord on 11/18/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Very unhappy with this truck, its allways broke down & in the shop, turbo, engine block, numerous sensors. Sensors that only cost $ 50 and Ford doesn't have any in stock in Canada, hence the truck is out of service for a week. Had at least 10 serious breakdowns. Ford should be buying these back.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.