1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 model:
If you could only own one truck
By Mainer on 02/18/10 05:06 AM (PST)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I bought this new in '97, still own it and probably will never have to buy another truck. I know that I rated the fuel mileage high - but what do you expect from that engine, nothing but torque and power. Has performed great from the deserts to the colorado mountains and the Maine winters!

What a Beast
By Dalton on 07/16/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

This is by far the best truck ever made. This could only be made by ford. The 7.3 diesel engine will last forever and the body style is beautiful

Great truck
By JJBYZ4x4 on 06/23/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

Absolutely love this truck. Have always loved the body style and this is the last year it was made. Bought the truck with 200,000 miles on it and only had to replace the glow plugs (common on these engines). Other than oil changes and usual wear parts like brakes and tie rod ends, I haven't had to spend a dime on it. Rides a little rought but I have a 6 inch lift on a 1 ton truck so it comes with the territory. I'll drive this one till it can't be driven any more and then probably look for another one.

Best Ever
By broncotom on 10/02/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

This is the best truck ever built! I have 300,000 miles on it, and it will still burn the tires off the rims! Nothing else like. It was built when trucks were trucks, men were men, and the women liked us that way!

Last of a breed
By Brian Dunbar on 01/09/05 22:15 PM (PST)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

Purchased used in July of 2003, this pick-up has been very reliable for me. Ride is typical for a truck with a live front axle and one ton suspension. The 460 V-8 averages 8 mpg in the city, 12 on the highway. Twin fuel tanks allow a 500 mile range, but a fill-up from empty can drain your bank account faster than a weekend in Vegas. Everything is still working on this beast and no rust has developed despite living in a region of the country where the roads are heavily salted in the winter. The low range in 4WD is extremely low and has taken me to places where I would never have taken a 1/2 ton 4WD pickup. Overall I have been very happy with this truck!

Great
By rhodes on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

The best truck I have ever owed. Stong, Tough, and built to last

Ford Builds Tough Trucks
By Augie on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB

7.3L diesel makes this Ford truck tough enough to pull mesquite tree taproots with only a chain. Towing package makes for a slightly rougher ride than my wife's passenger car, but the clearance is more than enough to use in the mesquite and cactus. Enough room to put three boys in the back seat and still have a conversation between the front seat passengers. Body style doesn't belong to anything but a FORD!

Super Ford Truck
By katrinka on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

A most Excellent purchase!! never left me stranded. Never a breakdown. Just the occasional needing of tires and regular oil changes. all minor maint. The Powerstroke gives all the power you would ever need in a pick up. Pulls our 1976 Fiberform fully fueled and loaded with camping and fishing goodies up an 8% grade at 65 mph+. I know I would buy this model again.