Love this truck
By horsegirl on
1991 Ford F-350 4dr Crew Cab LB
Had this pick-up almost 20 years and it's the most fun thing to drive. Sure it's a work vehicle and gets used hard from time to time, but when I get to drive it unloaded I have a blast. I call it my giant sports car. I recently drove a 2009 Corvette, and while my pick-up could not quite meet it performance-wise, it was not off the map. This thing handles beautifully. Just wish it had more power pulling 5+ tons up a steep hill, but I guess a diesel is better for that. As far a weight-carrying capacity goes, you CANNOT overload it. (Well, I haven't tried gold or platinum bars.) Anything normal (1-2 tons) is literally unnoticeable.
Favorite Features
Handling, interior comfort (except no cup holders), exterior styling. Sound system is good for factory standard. I love all the exterior lights. Years ago, I would watch one drive by and think, "I want one of THOSE." But that's just personal preference for styling.
Suggested Improvements
7.5 L/460 gas ought to produce more power and/or get better mileage; huge engine/huge power is reasonable, but does not quite deliver. Lasts forever, but horsepower/torque for its size/gas mileage is lacking. C6 auto tranny is weak point. Door locks, rear wheel seals, delay wipers are a problem