Used 1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-350 model:

Love this truck
By horsegirl

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

Had this pick-up almost 20 years and it's the most fun thing to drive. Sure it's a work vehicle and gets used hard from time to time, but when I get to drive it unloaded I have a blast. I call it my giant sports car. I recently drove a 2009 Corvette, and while my pick-up could not quite meet it performance-wise, it was not off the map. This thing handles beautifully. Just wish it had more power pulling 5+ tons up a steep hill, but I guess a diesel is better for that. As far a weight-carrying capacity goes, you CANNOT overload it. (Well, I haven't tried gold or platinum bars.) Anything normal (1-2 tons) is literally unnoticeable.

Handling, interior comfort (except no cup holders), exterior styling. Sound system is good for factory standard. I love all the exterior lights. Years ago, I would watch one drive by and think, "I want one of THOSE." But that's just personal preference for styling.

7.5 L/460 gas ought to produce more power and/or get better mileage; huge engine/huge power is reasonable, but does not quite deliver. Lasts forever, but horsepower/torque for its size/gas mileage is lacking. C6 auto tranny is weak point. Door locks, rear wheel seals, delay wipers are a problem

REAL TRUCK
By NOTAFORDGUYBUT

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

I'm not a Ford guy, but found this cherry truck and couldn't pass it up. The thing is a beast, tows anything and seats 6 adults! 15mpg towing my pontoon boat and carrying people isn't that bad. Very easy ride on highway. People get the heck outa your way!

Interior is huge and quite comfortable on long drives.

Sound system stinks big time.

91 Roll-a-long package
By Rcooter

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

I've used this truck extensively in all climates as a daily driver and a work truck. Can handle 2 pallets of 60 pound concrete with no sweat. I kept the fluids changed regularly but amazingly did my first tune up last year, when the truck was 11 years old. The aftermarket chrome that came with the truck when I bought it rusted prematurely. Overall the truck has been a great ride.

Flexabilty of a truck and full sized back seat with it's own doors.

No factory installed tiedown points in the bed.