Used 1991 Ford F-350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-350 model:

Love this truck
By horsegirl

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

Had this pick-up almost 20 years and it's the most fun thing to drive. Sure it's a work vehicle and gets used hard from time to time, but when I get to drive it unloaded I have a blast. I call it my giant sports car. I recently drove a 2009 Corvette, and while my pick-up could not quite meet it performance-wise, it was not off the map. This thing handles beautifully. Just wish it had more power pulling 5+ tons up a steep hill, but I guess a diesel is better for that. As far a weight-carrying capacity goes, you CANNOT overload it. (Well, I haven't tried gold or platinum bars.) Anything normal (1-2 tons) is literally unnoticeable.

Favorite Features

Handling, interior comfort (except no cup holders), exterior styling. Sound system is good for factory standard. I love all the exterior lights. Years ago, I would watch one drive by and think, "I want one of THOSE." But that's just personal preference for styling.

Suggested Improvements

7.5 L/460 gas ought to produce more power and/or get better mileage; huge engine/huge power is reasonable, but does not quite deliver. Lasts forever, but horsepower/torque for its size/gas mileage is lacking. C6 auto tranny is weak point. Door locks, rear wheel seals, delay wipers are a problem

A Reliable Brute
By Jackpot Jerry

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

Best full sized truck I have ever owned. Reliable, powerful and carries or tows a big load. I use it mostly as an RV. 90% of it's mileage is at or near GVWR or GCWR, but I never had a mechanical problem. I do not use it as a daily driver because it is long, wide (DRW) and mileage isn't a strong point. However, as a working truck it is super. The lariat interior (captain's chairs) is surprisingly comfortable even though it is just plastic with cloth upolstery. Lots of room up front but the folding rear seat is a bit low and narrow for adults.

Favorite Features

Drive train: The EFI 7.5L (460) starts easily and runs smoothly with never a hint of trouble. The HD five speed manual trans is a good match for towing along with a 4.10 differential. But mpg is only 10 plus solo and 8 something towing. This is typical truck mileage for the time it was built.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing wrong with this truck is the suspension. OK ride comfort with a moderate or better load but harsh unladen. Some aftermarket mods have improved the ride but it is still pretty stiff. Not a truck for those with weak kidneys.

REAL TRUCK
By NOTAFORDGUYBUT

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

I'm not a Ford guy, but found this cherry truck and couldn't pass it up. The thing is a beast, tows anything and seats 6 adults! 15mpg towing my pontoon boat and carrying people isn't that bad. Very easy ride on highway. People get the heck outa your way!

Favorite Features

Interior is huge and quite comfortable on long drives.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system stinks big time.

First On Race Day (FORD)
By Ben French

1991 Ford F-350 4dr Crew Cab LB

This truck is the best truck! The 7.5L V8 is very powerful (for a gas engine) and very reliable. the truck can easily take a beating and tows our 29 foot Nomad fifth-wheel travel trailer with ease. The Truck's vinyl seating is very tough but is somewhat uncomfortable. The truck is a F-350 SRW Crew Cab Truck, one that I would suggest to any one.

Favorite Features

7.5L V8,Dual Fuel Tanks,Large back seat with plenty of leg room,long bed,reliability

Suggested Improvements

paint job,build quality

91 Roll-a-long package
By Rcooter

1991 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

I've used this truck extensively in all climates as a daily driver and a work truck. Can handle 2 pallets of 60 pound concrete with no sweat. I kept the fluids changed regularly but amazingly did my first tune up last year, when the truck was 11 years old. The aftermarket chrome that came with the truck when I bought it rusted prematurely. Overall the truck has been a great ride.

Favorite Features

Flexabilty of a truck and full sized back seat with it's own doors.

Suggested Improvements

No factory installed tiedown points in the bed.