2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Most Helpful|
2014 Ford F350 XL SRW 4x4 6.2L Reg. Cab
By 12345678910

2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

2014 Ford F350 XL SRW 4x4 Superduty 6.2L gas, 4.30 gearing, regular cab. The vinyl seats are very comfortable and easy to clean, as well as the vinyl floor covering. The truck is quiet going down the road, no rattles and very little wind noise. The truck will dance around a little if on a rough roads at speed, it's a one ton with heavy service suspension, no suprises here. The truck is a 6.2L gasser with 4.30 gears rated for 15,500#s towing or 22,000#s combined. I've had the truck up to and a little over these numbers and I can say it's no PowerStroke, but I don't pull heavy loads that far or often. Overall, the truck is a nice one, and the build quality seems to be better than Ram or GM.

Favorite Features

Tailgate step, Factory spray-in bed liner, Factory installed gooseneck hitch, Factory Installed trailer brake controller, cruise control, Black grille, Vermillion Red exterior, Manual 4x4 system, 4.30 gears w/ E-Locker(rear only), vinyl seats and floor covering for easy cleaning, Factory receiver hitch for bumper pull trailers, No cab clearance lights or exterior mirror turn/running lights. The gas motor is a lot cheaper to own and service, also better for the DIY mechanic like me to own.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to have a manual transmission option. The XL models you should be able to have a sliding rear window and satellite radio option. I don't like the perimeter lights that stay on when all the doors are closed, the park lights stay on for about 10 seconds as well as the interior lights. Ford needs to have a higher horsepower gas engine for towing, PowerStrokes is an $8,000 option and are unreliable, as well expensive to own and service, this is why I went with a gasser instead of the diesel engine.