why not to buy a ford
By whyant on
2013 Ford F-350 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.2L 8cyl 6A)
Dear Ford Management Thank you for the poor attempt at help. I spoke to the regional manager. He confirmed that the computer looked at the pictures from the dealership and as before they concluded a rock hit caused the crack. He even admitted that the crack was quite extensive and unusual for a impact point of less tan 2mm (the size of a pen point). He still could not explain how a rock hit the windshield with enough force to cause that large of a crack where the impact is under the blade of the windshield wiper. I have told every one the crack happened in my driveway, when I turned on the air, yet they all have stopped just short of calling me a liar.
Favorite Features
lousy customer service - no courtesy they think loyalty only works one way - you buy their cars but when you have a problem - quality is not job one - it moves down the ladder quite a bit
Suggested Improvements
make a quality product and then stand behind it if it breaks.
By retvet2003tw
on 09/15/13 05:30 AM (PDT)

Seems to me from reading your review that the problem isn't the TRUCK or the Make it's the Dealer you were dealing with. From my experience with FORD Trucks they are the toughest and most reliable Work Truck on the road. What you should do for a little rock chip anyway is One go to a glass shop they could fix it in most cases for free.... yep most insurance covers the little fixes of rock chips. Second to help to prevent rock chips a bug shield works wonders and they usually only cost 40 to 50 bucks also helps keep the bug spladers to a minimum. But I wouldn't consider rating a truck with a bad rating just because the Dealer was difficult to deal with. After all the Truck isn't a failure because of a ROCK chip.. lol funny... I do understand your frustration of dealing with a Dealer they do tend to be bad medicine so to speak. But Every Ford Truck I've driven in the 30 some years has been excellent and reliable most so than the Chevy's or Dodge's I've encountered. That also driving in rough weather when 4 wheel drive is needed as well. So far as your review of the Truck being fair I'd say not as far as reviewing the Truck. But if your looking to get back at the Dealer that screwed you I'd go and write a review about that Dealership as far as customer service. Most of the Good dealerships that I've done business with would had fixed it for nothing on the spot and would had said sorry we missed that or something. Most of the honest dealers want to maintain a good reputation, it keeps their customers happy, In most cases. But every once in a while you'll find a bad Dealer and there is many out there not so good, they usually don't last long. Sorry for the bad luck you had. If it were me I'd go to another Ford Dealer or even contact Ford directly, they don't like getting a bad rep either and they'd fix it.