2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: It's a Diesel

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.8 ft. Bed)

It's a Diesel
By Scott on

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck! It is the first diesel I have owned. Takes some getting used to. Honestly Ford wasn't even on my list. Their build quality in the past left something to be desired. I have to say the fit and finish is perfect. The interior materials lost that "plastic" feel. This cab feels luxurious. The diesel pulls right out, you can really feel the torque. My purchase was intended to pull a fifth wheel but haven't purchased that yet so no info on the towability. The crew cab is awesome, it holds all my tools previously kept in the bed of my Chevy. Turning radius is great, U-turns are no problem. That was unexpected but welcome.

Favorite Features

Not just one, I like the folding rear seats, the interior is comfortable, the diesel is quiet enough to have a conversation. The new front end looks really cool and also allows all radiators to breathe. My first tank averaged 17mpg and will probably get better.

Suggested Improvements

Due to the exacting emissions and Ultra Low Sulphur fuel they recommend not using bio-diesel beyond a 5% mix. I think alternative fuels are going to be gaining acceptance and this one excludes them.