First 6.4 L Diesel in San Diego
By J.L. on
2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)
I ordered my 2008 F350 SRW Super Duty back in October with the 6.4 L twin turbo diesel engine, 5speed auto in a crew cab with 4X4 and a long bed. I took delivery on February 13th and have loved driving this monster ever since. The interior looks like an F-150 but is unique to the Super Duty line. The leather seats are the most comfortable in any heavy pick-up but the quiet diesel with jet like thrust is what Ford got right. I don't have to shut down the engine to order at the drive through (not possible with a Dodge/Cummins) and acceleration is a silent, progressive shove in the back without any turbo lag or whine. This truck rides like a half ton, goes like sports car, and tows like a Peterbuilt.
Favorite Features
My wife does not complain when I want to take the truck up to Los Angeles because the quiet ride, soft seats and creature comforts like dual zone climate controls with rear DVD player for the kids. Cab is like a luxury sedan but I can load 4K lbs. in the bed and still tow 12K lbs. Simply awesome.
Suggested Improvements
Ford really needs to put a back-up camera on these trucks. The import trucks have them now and would really add to safety. Voice guidance on the navigation is a little cheesy but is easy to use. No latch bases for car seats, you have to use the shoulder belts but it does have the top anchor points.