Best Truck I've Ever Owned!
By aperillo726 on
2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
First off I don't know why the submodels on edmunds do not include the 6.4 but anyway. I don't know what these people are talking about with this truck being unreliable. I've had six Ford Super Duties, four of them being the 2008 model.(I buy a lot of vehicles)I've never had an issue with the 6.4L Powerstroke, the truck can pull a 18,000lb gooseneck like it's nothing, the interior is impeciable, and it is one sexy body style. Most of the negative reviews I'm seeing are gas F350s and I have a question, Who buys a Super Duty with intent to tow and doesn't select the "diesel" option?? I've taken my 08's through some tough terrain and pulled a lot of heavy trailers without having a single issue.
Favorite Features
I'm currently driving a 2008 F-350 King Ranch, 6.4L Powerstroke, crewcab shortbox, 4x4. I have a 12 inch Rize lift kit on 41 inch Super Swampers. I use a Diablo sport tuner that has the truck pushing 500hp and getting the best fuel economy of any truck I've owned so far. And even with the huge lift and massive tires this beast still pulls a 12,000lb boat trailer with ease. With the tuning I get 16.5mpg in the city and close to 22mpg on the highway! This truck has so much potential it's insane! I'm a Ford guy now and forever, I just wish the 2008 body style was the last one, by far my favorite!
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I can think to change can't be changed thanks to the EPA. Those Diesel particulate filters and EGR systems cause so much back pressure and restriction in the exhaust the engine can't run at full potential without modification. Since I don't see the laws changing anytime soon I recommend a DPF/CAT delete kit and programmer and this engine is incredible!
By tmievre
on 12/04/11 19:15 PM (PST)

First and last ford I ever owned. Actually the first ford I ever owned was a 1967 Ford Falcon Van with a wheelchair lift when i was 15, and it ran pretty good. My 08 Diesel SD is the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. In the first 80K it left me stranded and had to be towed 5 times. 4 times it was either a broken or shorted wire. One behind the glove compartment, one in the steering column, one near the front drivers side fender, one near the other fender, and once it wouldn't star for some unknown reason, and thankfully hasn't done it again in the last 20,000K. 99% of the miles i put on are on the highway. There should be no excuses for this. We need a lemon law. My 02 GM has almost 300K on it and runs awesome.

By tmievre
on 12/04/11 19:15 PM (PST)

By posf350
on 12/24/11 00:20 AM (PST)

2008 PILE of CRAP. 60K, 4th radiator 2nd EGR cooler and 1 heater core. heater core is $1187.00, ON AN 08 truck? This is engineering at its worst. Cant take the truck on a trip. 1 week turns into 2. 1 of them getting repaired.Now it has a rear main seal leaking. I want answers WHY. Nice truck but gets real ugly figuring it it will cost way more than my Peterbilt to maintain by 100,000 miles with about the same MPG. Those who have good ones are what are known as LUCKY. try to get a Ford dealer to give you any good money for it compared to what a clean 2002 7.3 will go for that is 6 years older.