2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: A solid machine

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.8 ft. Bed)

A solid machine
By Herbert Schmidt on

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years as third vehicles and primarily use them for light recreational hauling, hunting, etc. My previous two trucks were 2004 and 2005 F150's. Both were impressive trucks,however,my early impression of the F350 is that it's in an entirely different league. It rides like an F150,would likely beat the F150 in a drag race,is quiet and civilized yet pulls like a beast. I'm still on my "new truck honeymoon" but must say this F350 has captured my heart in the early going and I'm not easily impressed. Admittedly, I go through a lot of vehicles but my intention is to drive this beauty 4 or 5 years. No load combo driving mpg is right at 14...hope it improves.

Quietness, creature comforts, fit and finish. This is simply a well thought out good looking truck. Looks like it's on steroids. Truly a pleasure to drive.

MPG improvement. Hopefully after break in I'll be able to retract this statement.