A First Rate Redesign of the F Series
By Kevin on
2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
In my 1 week of ownership I have found my new F350 Diesel to be a great vehicle: fast off the mark, looks good, and decent economy for such a large vehicle. The interior seems to have a solid and upmarket feel - no cheap jiggly plastic, or rattles. In a word: car-like. My usage involves light towing, lumber yards, 5 passenger trips, and also some commuting when the car is in for service. This vehicle is huge, but comfy enough to be driven anywhere. Ford had to get this revision of the F series perfect, and I think they have very nearly succeeded. It is a large improvement over my 2003 F250 - which was 2 generations of truck ago in the Ford Super Duty line. I might ditch the car!
Favorite Features
Engine is a winner, interior is quiet and solid, good looks, great stereo with built-in Sirius, improved electric rear sliding window mechanism, solid acceleration, quiet highway operation, solid planted feel on the road.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see an adjustable auto- on light sensor (on cloudy days and at sunset it clicks on/off until you override with the ON switch). One touch UP on windows (currently only one touch down). Bluetooth support would be very nice. Bi-Xenon lighting would be great too.