Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

No gripes/great truck
By Warthog Boss

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far no issues. One long haul over many passes and headwinds, the trans is killer compared to My old 97 Power Stroke there is nothing I miss about the old truck. Quiet &comfortable. This truck laughs at climbs and head wind. Mileage increased from 12.8 to 16.1 driving to work after the towing workout. Continental tires wear is not good. Ford needs to work on that part. 18 inchers are not cheap. Re-gen has been occuring at a pretty steady 350 mile interval. Most of my driving is highway. with little stop and go driving. WE are very happy with the truck. this is Ford Diesel #3 for us.

Favorite Features

Interior/Power/Trans/ride while towing

Suggested Improvements

Better tire slection for improved wear/Oil dipstick tends to be hard to read/A small toe guard on intercooler/It can be easily kicked and damaged changing the filters. battery terminal connections are pretty cheesy. Splash guards in the rear wheel wells.

08 Ford 6.4L 4X4
By Doug

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

2nd Review, Now have 49000 miles on truck. For the first year only in the shop 13 times. 2 Radiators, Turbo controller, P/S idler pulley, A/C repair, Still smimmys when starting from stop. Trans now and again down shifts hard like I got rear ended. Dealer says no problem found. Goes into regen 3 to 5 times a day, sucks fuel while in regen. Dealer says, That is normal. Before computer up date, maybe regens 3 times a week. The truck has power, I am afraid to take off road. Will the radiator leak? Will I start a desert fire from the regen? Will I have to walk 60 miles because the truck broke down? My 2000 Ford f250 4X4 7.3L,(bought new), 268,000 miles in the shop 4 times.

Favorite Features

Power, Cab room.

Suggested Improvements

Better control of parts used. Maybe test truck a little longer before release to public. Build a truck like the old 7.3L

Ford F-350 Diesel Junk
By Harley

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have now had 5 Ford F-250 or Ford F- 350 diesel trucks. I tow trailers and use my trucks for work everyday. I have loved all of my Ford trucks until this 2008. This truck is junk. The 2005 Ford F-350 was one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It had tremendous power and fuel mileage pulling my 48' trailer the way I drive at around 11 mpg. The 2008 model gets 5.9 mpg. I have had 2 radiators replaced. The exhaust system has had numerous repairs with most dealers not knowing what to do. It repeating will go into exhaust clean at idle with my foot on the brake and will lurch forward. Ford continues to tell me it will not do this. I have discussed this problem with Ford, I am tired of Ford.

Favorite Features

Have always liked the interiors but have very little good to say about this Ford F-350 truck anymore.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the exhaust cleaning mode and build a truck that meets emissions some other way.

not the only one with a radiator problem
By George Cifuentes

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Checked with Edmunds.com and found multiple people with radiator issues. Within one year 2 recalls, (one with the radiator) now they tell me thousands to replace it, not covered by agreement. We had work done months ago they charged us for and when we called Ford found out it was covered and was issued a check. Not feeling warm and fuzzy with you people. Not getting lots of answers from the dealer either. Seems strange with a radiator recall, now we have to replace it. Not happy at all

Favorite Features

loved the interior and the look, would rather have the reliability. seems like you guys took short cuts on the engine

Suggested Improvements

don't charge this much money for your trucks if you can't stand by them

'08 F-350 6.4L Turbodiesel
By BL79TA

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my '05 F-350 V10 for this Diesel monster and am mostly pleased. At 30k miles, MPG has improved to 16 on avg, but MPG is very sensitive to speed, wind, and other conditions. Ride is great, even smoother when towing/hauling. Impresses everyone who rides in it. Quiet engine. Have had absolutely no mechanical issues. A very capable truck!!

Favorite Features

Room enough to fit real men in all seats, MP3 jack, smooth ride, center console with rubberized top to keep your stuff in place.

Suggested Improvements

Still trying to get used to those goofy looking headlights, need rear seat ventilation, OEM Continental tires wore out quickly, please relocate fuel/water drain valve, limited rear-cab storage cannot hold enough straps/chains/boots/powered sub.