Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

great truck
By great truck

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

i have 7000 miles on the 6.4. it has lots of power. anyone that owns one get a 4 inch ext. tuner and you will not have any problems. the reason some are is that these engines r so restricted back because of the govt these engines need to breath just like us and their not letting them. dont believe me go buy a 08 dodge cummins its having the same problems. so its not ford dodge or chevy. these engines produce so much horse power and torque that with resrtictions its hurting more than helping. so what im saying is help out your engines.. i deal w them everyday look at the engine prior to 2003 and they all era great thats because govt. wasnt involved

power,power,power

Tired of This Ford
By Raj

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this truck for almost 2 years. Till now i have changed 2 radiators, and almost $6000. And the white smoke is still blowing out of the tail pipe. Moreover I need to add 1 gallon of coolant every 200 miles.

Ford should come up with a plan,otherwise they will loose a lot of customers.

no mo ford super doodie
By used to like fords

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fuel mileage 7-9 mpg no matter if loaded or not. Most of my driving is short trips 5-10 miles town and country mix. I even drove it to California thinking the open road would help... Best avg was 12.5 mpg on 1000 miles of flat driving with no load. Factory tires were garbage they wore out at 14,000 miles good job Ford. They replaced my radiator at 3000 miles. This is my $50,000 truck. I have owned and bought 5 new Ford super doodies since the new body style and this motor is crap because of the mileage and the truck rides too stiff. The exhaust cleaner is ridiculous.

When Ford recalls my truck and fixes the mileage so I get at least 17 mpg like my other diesel fords.

recall and correct these items fuel mileage radiator leaks and tires This is an American made truck

feedback
By Sliding B Farms

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Quieter than my 6.0, but seems to have less torque, fuel mileage is 1-2MPG less than my 6.0, has plenty of power to pull 39' horse trailer and hauling 15 rolls of hay, seats are still not comfortable and have been since 2002 models, sides of front seats push in at the hips and cause discomfort after a few hours of driving, Ford still needs to redesign front seats, vibrates at take off, worse when pulling loads, bumpers are the pits any more on new trucks, they are nothing more than cosmetic like car bumpers, Factort Continental brand tires stink, rubber gets gummy and peals in hot road conditions, they are worn out by 30,000 miles, Ford can do better on a 50,000 truck.

quiet engine, pulling power, torque shift transmission

improve comfort of front seats in XLT and Lariat models, improve fuel mileage, start using better quality tires, Design a diesel engine with reliability of the 7.3 engines in the past had or lower the price of trucks to compensate for lower overall engine value to the customer.

No gripes/great truck
By Warthog Boss

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far no issues. One long haul over many passes and headwinds, the trans is killer compared to My old 97 Power Stroke there is nothing I miss about the old truck. Quiet &comfortable. This truck laughs at climbs and head wind. Mileage increased from 12.8 to 16.1 driving to work after the towing workout. Continental tires wear is not good. Ford needs to work on that part. 18 inchers are not cheap. Re-gen has been occuring at a pretty steady 350 mile interval. Most of my driving is highway. with little stop and go driving. WE are very happy with the truck. this is Ford Diesel #3 for us.

Interior/Power/Trans/ride while towing

Better tire slection for improved wear/Oil dipstick tends to be hard to read/A small toe guard on intercooler/It can be easily kicked and damaged changing the filters. battery terminal connections are pretty cheesy. Splash guards in the rear wheel wells.