Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

no mo ford super doodie
By used to like fords

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fuel mileage 7-9 mpg no matter if loaded or not. Most of my driving is short trips 5-10 miles town and country mix. I even drove it to California thinking the open road would help... Best avg was 12.5 mpg on 1000 miles of flat driving with no load. Factory tires were garbage they wore out at 14,000 miles good job Ford. They replaced my radiator at 3000 miles. This is my $50,000 truck. I have owned and bought 5 new Ford super doodies since the new body style and this motor is crap because of the mileage and the truck rides too stiff. The exhaust cleaner is ridiculous.

Favorite Features

When Ford recalls my truck and fixes the mileage so I get at least 17 mpg like my other diesel fords.

Suggested Improvements

recall and correct these items fuel mileage radiator leaks and tires This is an American made truck

feedback
By Sliding B Farms

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Quieter than my 6.0, but seems to have less torque, fuel mileage is 1-2MPG less than my 6.0, has plenty of power to pull 39' horse trailer and hauling 15 rolls of hay, seats are still not comfortable and have been since 2002 models, sides of front seats push in at the hips and cause discomfort after a few hours of driving, Ford still needs to redesign front seats, vibrates at take off, worse when pulling loads, bumpers are the pits any more on new trucks, they are nothing more than cosmetic like car bumpers, Factort Continental brand tires stink, rubber gets gummy and peals in hot road conditions, they are worn out by 30,000 miles, Ford can do better on a 50,000 truck.

Favorite Features

quiet engine, pulling power, torque shift transmission

Suggested Improvements

improve comfort of front seats in XLT and Lariat models, improve fuel mileage, start using better quality tires, Design a diesel engine with reliability of the 7.3 engines in the past had or lower the price of trucks to compensate for lower overall engine value to the customer.

No gripes/great truck
By Warthog Boss

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far no issues. One long haul over many passes and headwinds, the trans is killer compared to My old 97 Power Stroke there is nothing I miss about the old truck. Quiet &comfortable. This truck laughs at climbs and head wind. Mileage increased from 12.8 to 16.1 driving to work after the towing workout. Continental tires wear is not good. Ford needs to work on that part. 18 inchers are not cheap. Re-gen has been occuring at a pretty steady 350 mile interval. Most of my driving is highway. with little stop and go driving. WE are very happy with the truck. this is Ford Diesel #3 for us.

Favorite Features

Interior/Power/Trans/ride while towing

Suggested Improvements

Better tire slection for improved wear/Oil dipstick tends to be hard to read/A small toe guard on intercooler/It can be easily kicked and damaged changing the filters. battery terminal connections are pretty cheesy. Splash guards in the rear wheel wells.

08 Ford 6.4L 4X4
By Doug

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

2nd Review, Now have 49000 miles on truck. For the first year only in the shop 13 times. 2 Radiators, Turbo controller, P/S idler pulley, A/C repair, Still smimmys when starting from stop. Trans now and again down shifts hard like I got rear ended. Dealer says no problem found. Goes into regen 3 to 5 times a day, sucks fuel while in regen. Dealer says, That is normal. Before computer up date, maybe regens 3 times a week. The truck has power, I am afraid to take off road. Will the radiator leak? Will I start a desert fire from the regen? Will I have to walk 60 miles because the truck broke down? My 2000 Ford f250 4X4 7.3L,(bought new), 268,000 miles in the shop 4 times.

Favorite Features

Power, Cab room.

Suggested Improvements

Better control of parts used. Maybe test truck a little longer before release to public. Build a truck like the old 7.3L

Ford F-350 Diesel Junk
By Harley

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have now had 5 Ford F-250 or Ford F- 350 diesel trucks. I tow trailers and use my trucks for work everyday. I have loved all of my Ford trucks until this 2008. This truck is junk. The 2005 Ford F-350 was one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It had tremendous power and fuel mileage pulling my 48' trailer the way I drive at around 11 mpg. The 2008 model gets 5.9 mpg. I have had 2 radiators replaced. The exhaust system has had numerous repairs with most dealers not knowing what to do. It repeating will go into exhaust clean at idle with my foot on the brake and will lurch forward. Ford continues to tell me it will not do this. I have discussed this problem with Ford, I am tired of Ford.

Favorite Features

Have always liked the interiors but have very little good to say about this Ford F-350 truck anymore.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the exhaust cleaning mode and build a truck that meets emissions some other way.