Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Warranty? What Warranty?
By Rowdy

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

After 18 months of normal service/driving, my 2008 F-350 stranded me 350 miles from home. Had it towed to the nearest dealer, thinking that it would be repaired under warranty. WRONG!! Ford, or the dealer, depending on who I ask, says that my maintenance records are not up to "Ford standards". So far, they won't even look at the truck to see what the problem is! How do they know it is not a warranty issue, when they don't even know what the problem is? Ford obviously does not need repeat customers, and I don't recommend anyone becoming a Ford customer at all.

Can't think of any.

Treat your customers like you would like to be treated.

No More Fords
By Rowdy

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2008 F-350 stranded me with a blown head gasket. Upon reviewing my maintenance records, Ford declined to honor the warranty. Truck has 89,000 miles with 100,000 mile warranty. After being a life-long Ford owner, I am done with them.

Honor your warranties

Junk
By chris

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

We have always been ford owners but i wont buy another. We bought this truck when it came out. Saw the commercials that showed them driving them 150,000 miles straight without stopping or shutting them off. Remember they had the drivers in a trailer that the truck was pulling?? Well this truck has left me stranded with horses 4 times- the first time when it was brand new-- my first trip! Then they told me the second time it was the radiator. Of course thats not covered! Well i told them to keep it! That changed their minds quick. The third time it just shut down as i was going down the road with a horse trailer loaded with horses! Now it is sitting in my driveway AGAIN and wont start.

love the way it turns around and the styling but they cant even figure out how to keep the clearance lights from coming loose!

ENGINE -- mileage is a joke! 7.4 with a trailer- unbelievable -along with it breaking down and it costing $45,000! why would anyone buy one!

Don't know what every one's problum is!
By Sandie

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

After looking at this truck 4 over a month and reading this site and also looking at other sites we bought it, 2008 21,000 miles on it. Reading these comments really made me stop and think hard about buying it. We love it it got 19.5 mpg at 65 mph 16.9 in town wonderful riding no problems with it at all we chose to buy a extended bumper to bumper warranty just in case this is our only vehicle we are retired and plan on buying a 5th wheeled toy hauler and travel we are relatively Young in our 50's so this was a very big decision for us. And after having it and driving it everyday there is no doubt in our minds we did the right thing we have had fords always and will not change. We love the truck

There is not 1 favorite thing we love the whole package

none that i can think of

Ford should be ashamed!
By ford hater

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2008 f250 4wd with a 6.4 powerstroke. What a complete piece of #$@@#! Ford should be ashamed! I do realize that the engine in this pickup is manufactured by international harvester however Ford should not have placed it in one of their chassis. This boat anchor is so bad! I have had several fords and this will be my last! I have also had other manufacturers diesel pick ups over the years. First of all the thing gets 8 to 9 miles per gallon pulling a mere 6k pounds! Ha!The pickup gets only 13.6 empty on the highway. I previously owned a 2005 duramax that would have castrated this piece of crap and got 15.5 mpg loaded! This powertrain pkg is junk!

Suspension, fuel economy and power! This thing has to downshift in rolling hills while towing 6k pounds? I would sell this thing after owning only a few months but no one wants to buy it! Junk junk junk! Beware if you are going to purchase one! Do your homework! Wish I had.

• SUV