2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Don't Buy 6.4Ltr. Diesel
By walker485 on 07/20/09 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but trouble with my diesel engine. It blew up with just over 800 miles. Have had oil leaks ever since. Numerous recalls. Just lost a turbo at 28000. A very nice truck with a bad engine. Poor fuel milege. 11mpg empty.

feedback
By Sliding B Farms on 07/18/09 22:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Quieter than my 6.0, but seems to have less torque, fuel mileage is 1-2MPG less than my 6.0, has plenty of power to pull 39' horse trailer and hauling 15 rolls of hay, seats are still not comfortable and have been since 2002 models, sides of front seats push in at the hips and cause discomfort after a few hours of driving, Ford still needs to redesign front seats, vibrates at take off, worse when pulling loads, bumpers are the pits any more on new trucks, they are nothing more than cosmetic like car bumpers, Factort Continental brand tires stink, rubber gets gummy and peals in hot road conditions, they are worn out by 30,000 miles, Ford can do better on a 50,000 truck.

No gripes/great truck
By Warthog Boss on 06/19/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far no issues. One long haul over many passes and headwinds, the trans is killer compared to My old 97 Power Stroke there is nothing I miss about the old truck. Quiet &comfortable. This truck laughs at climbs and head wind. Mileage increased from 12.8 to 16.1 driving to work after the towing workout. Continental tires wear is not good. Ford needs to work on that part. 18 inchers are not cheap. Re-gen has been occuring at a pretty steady 350 mile interval. Most of my driving is highway. with little stop and go driving. WE are very happy with the truck. this is Ford Diesel #3 for us.

08 Ford 6.4L 4X4
By Doug on 04/25/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

2nd Review, Now have 49000 miles on truck. For the first year only in the shop 13 times. 2 Radiators, Turbo controller, P/S idler pulley, A/C repair, Still smimmys when starting from stop. Trans now and again down shifts hard like I got rear ended. Dealer says no problem found. Goes into regen 3 to 5 times a day, sucks fuel while in regen. Dealer says, That is normal. Before computer up date, maybe regens 3 times a week. The truck has power, I am afraid to take off road. Will the radiator leak? Will I start a desert fire from the regen? Will I have to walk 60 miles because the truck broke down? My 2000 Ford f250 4X4 7.3L,(bought new), 268,000 miles in the shop 4 times.

Ford F-350 Diesel Junk
By Harley on 03/30/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have now had 5 Ford F-250 or Ford F- 350 diesel trucks. I tow trailers and use my trucks for work everyday. I have loved all of my Ford trucks until this 2008. This truck is junk. The 2005 Ford F-350 was one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It had tremendous power and fuel mileage pulling my 48' trailer the way I drive at around 11 mpg. The 2008 model gets 5.9 mpg. I have had 2 radiators replaced. The exhaust system has had numerous repairs with most dealers not knowing what to do. It repeating will go into exhaust clean at idle with my foot on the brake and will lurch forward. Ford continues to tell me it will not do this. I have discussed this problem with Ford, I am tired of Ford.

not the only one with a radiator problem
By George Cifuentes on 03/27/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Checked with Edmunds.com and found multiple people with radiator issues. Within one year 2 recalls, (one with the radiator) now they tell me thousands to replace it, not covered by agreement. We had work done months ago they charged us for and when we called Ford found out it was covered and was issued a check. Not feeling warm and fuzzy with you people. Not getting lots of answers from the dealer either. Seems strange with a radiator recall, now we have to replace it. Not happy at all

'08 F-350 6.4L Turbodiesel
By BL79TA on 03/21/09 23:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my '05 F-350 V10 for this Diesel monster and am mostly pleased. At 30k miles, MPG has improved to 16 on avg, but MPG is very sensitive to speed, wind, and other conditions. Ride is great, even smoother when towing/hauling. Impresses everyone who rides in it. Quiet engine. Have had absolutely no mechanical issues. A very capable truck!!

Don't
By indigo on 01/12/09 06:39 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is junk. It has left me setting over and over again. White smoke, stutters at 2500 rpm, blows turbo clamps, just replaced a seized up egr valve. Have had new rear-end, 3 new radiators, egr valve, egr coolers, and the only thing they do is say "we reprogrammed the pcm" Never works right. The outside and inside design of this truck is over the top, the engine just needs help. Never again.

Awesome Dually Diesel
By George on 10/23/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Great truck. I bought the King Ranch Dually Longbed 4x4. I ride is great and everything is awesome except the mileage. No more than 19mpg at 55 mph. If you go faster the mileage drops fast, 11mpg at 75. Looks and comfort are great. Parking is hard, but that's to be expected. Heated seats and stereo are also great. Cabin is very quiet and comfortable on long trips. Interior design is very nice and easy to use. Nice big AC vents

F-350 6.4 Diesel
By Ted on 08/13/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 2008 F-350 6.4 diesel Harley Davidson edition. I have about 6500 miles on it and I am getting 18.5 MPG HWY at 60 MPH. About 16.5 MPG around town. Had an 2005 Dodge ram 2500 club cab Cummins with around 50 k (22 hwy 20 city). The Dodge was a great vehicle. Ford has more room in the back seat. The Dodge had more interior storage spaces.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.