Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!
By aperillo726

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First off I don't know why the submodels on edmunds do not include the 6.4 but anyway. I don't know what these people are talking about with this truck being unreliable. I've had six Ford Super Duties, four of them being the 2008 model.(I buy a lot of vehicles)I've never had an issue with the 6.4L Powerstroke, the truck can pull a 18,000lb gooseneck like it's nothing, the interior is impeciable, and it is one sexy body style. Most of the negative reviews I'm seeing are gas F350s and I have a question, Who buys a Super Duty with intent to tow and doesn't select the "diesel" option?? I've taken my 08's through some tough terrain and pulled a lot of heavy trailers without having a single issue.

I'm currently driving a 2008 F-350 King Ranch, 6.4L Powerstroke, crewcab shortbox, 4x4. I have a 12 inch Rize lift kit on 41 inch Super Swampers. I use a Diablo sport tuner that has the truck pushing 500hp and getting the best fuel economy of any truck I've owned so far. And even with the huge lift and massive tires this beast still pulls a 12,000lb boat trailer with ease. With the tuning I get 16.5mpg in the city and close to 22mpg on the highway! This truck has so much potential it's insane! I'm a Ford guy now and forever, I just wish the 2008 body style was the last one, by far my favorite!

The only thing I can think to change can't be changed thanks to the EPA. Those Diesel particulate filters and EGR systems cause so much back pressure and restriction in the exhaust the engine can't run at full potential without modification. Since I don't see the laws changing anytime soon I recommend a DPF/CAT delete kit and programmer and this engine is incredible!

F-350 waste of money
By br23d

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

My f350 diesel left me stranded in the middle of an intersection, brought to dealer and they won't honor the warranty it only has 48,000 on it. They told me it would cost $11,000 to fix it.

motor and body are junk
By bparcell

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Engine problems very dangerous. Stalling decerating. 50,000 miles ford won't fix.

Junk
By jeff

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Had a radiator hose leak and ac duct problems less than 36k on it. Was driving to Colorado to hunt, lost power and took to dealership was told it was exhaust filter, replaced, on way home blew the motor and waiting to see if ford warranties it would not recommend this truck to anyone, from what it seems I'm likely to have it not warranty covered!

looks

fix the motor and honor warranties, ford knows they have problems with this motor if not they why aren't they making them now?

After 2 years, the WOW factor still there
By Jay

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I pull a 13,000 pound 5th wheel, and this truck pulls it like it's nothing. On vacation this year, pulling the trailer all day at 75mph+ through Kansas in July when the outside temp reached 109!! No problem. Never had a problem, but dealer alerted me that radiator was leaking and replaced it under warranty. I never saw any evidence of a leak. The truck is like a cross between a muscle car, luxury car, and towing brute.

Tough decision. Stereo is best vie ever experienced. Brake controller is wonderful! Nav system is great. Mirrors are fantastic. But, the most important thing to me is dependability and performance, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I would say fuel mileage and cooled seats, but my understanding is that the new models have both.

• SUV