Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Extremely durable, excellent performance.
By jaybird777

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have the diesel. Unfortunately, some people write BS reviews, because they are loyal to some other truck brand. I have an 08 Diesel F350, and it has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned- and I have owned lots of high quality vehicles. This vehicle tows a 40' RV like it is nothing. Solo, it performs like a sports car. NEVER had a single issue. This truck replaced my 2000 f350 which was also a wonderful truck (even though the reviews were terrible). Because of this truck, I bought 2 more Ford vehicles. I have had ZERO problems with my Fords, and nothing but problems with my Chrysler and Chevy's, and even my Toyotas. From now on, I buy nothing but Fords.

Favorite Features

Power. Durability. Luxury. Comfort. Noise level. Stereo- best I've ever heard in a vehicle. Performance.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see improved fuel economy, but frankly I'm thrilled with every aspect of this truck.

WE ARE SUING!
By cjovel

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We bought a 2008 Ford F-350 and had 55 repairs in less than 5 years, Ford should have taken this vehicle back under the lemon law and did not, there are thousands of owners who need to be in on this law suit, look it up online! The 2008 was a lemon and Ford needs to admit that, we have been Ford owners our whole lives but not anymore! Ford really let us down on this one!

Why won't Ford stand behind it?
By wthomason

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 F-350 with 14,000 on it. By the time it 50,00 miles on I had to have a new radiator, numerous radiator caps, a new coolant bottle, and have had several other coolant related issues. Now at 118,000 miles I need another radiator and am told I probably need a new oil cooler, and that the engine may have blown head gaskets. All of these were issues before the warranty expired and now I'm told Ford will not fix any of the problems nor will they help pay for any parts. I've bought Fords all my life but never again. Poor old Henry would roll over in his grave if he knew what those jerks were doing to his company.

Favorite Features

Truck rides nice and it has a nice interior. The sound system is nice. That's about it

Suggested Improvements

Ford should stand behind the issues that were there before the warranty ran out. Ford should recall all 6.4 engines and fix what needs to be fixed so they can save the company

Not Really Super Duty
By notsuperduty

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

First off I love my truck, it's a Job 1 CC 4x4 diesel . The fuel economy isn't stellar, but it weighs in at 9K lbs with tools, I can live with it. Use it mostly for highway trips, the ride is great. Around 54K miles I started doing a lot of city driving (building a new house) and noticed the brakes are dragging bad. Calipers are hanging up, dealer said dirt & mud caused it? Really? So what the Super all about? Got the dreaded coolant leak AGAIN! Dealer wants $1,400 to replace it with the same crap that failed twice before. Ford won't touch it either. Did I mention it LEAKS AGAIN! Come on Ford, Those brake and radiator issues are keeping you from EVER selling me another $55K vehicle!

Favorite Features

I like the twin turbo. It eliminates the turbo lag my 6.0L had (hated that lag!) It goes like Hell and will tow anything, but it just doesn't stop good! The body fit & finish is good and the paint is smooth. It doesn't sound or smell like a diesel and doesn't have turbo whine. (but does smell like LEAKY COOLANT!) The interior is nice. I'm not a big fan of the angular stuff but it works. I've developed a few nasty squeaks in the dash that are getting worse with age. The PTC heater is a great option for Michigan winters. The heated seats are good for that too. They are ON/OFF, not adjustable. The ride is good too. If the brakes aren't stuck on I even get decent highway mileage

Suggested Improvements

BRAKES! The truck never did stop good until the calipers got stuck. Now it stops better, but now the MPG SUCKS. RADIATOR! Do we really need that cheap POS part to be the weak link on a $55K truck? IT FAILS OVER AND OVER CHANGE THE DESIGN or something! I can live with a few issues if you'll stand behind your product. And really, brakes and cooling have been on trucks since the stone ages. If you are going to ruin your F-series reputation at least FAIL on something COMPLICATED! Ford, you just don't get it. I'll be buying trucks until I die, but NOT from a company that won't stand behind products! Don't take my word for it, Google "super duty radiator leak".

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!
By aperillo726

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First off I don't know why the submodels on edmunds do not include the 6.4 but anyway. I don't know what these people are talking about with this truck being unreliable. I've had six Ford Super Duties, four of them being the 2008 model.(I buy a lot of vehicles)I've never had an issue with the 6.4L Powerstroke, the truck can pull a 18,000lb gooseneck like it's nothing, the interior is impeciable, and it is one sexy body style. Most of the negative reviews I'm seeing are gas F350s and I have a question, Who buys a Super Duty with intent to tow and doesn't select the "diesel" option?? I've taken my 08's through some tough terrain and pulled a lot of heavy trailers without having a single issue.

Favorite Features

I'm currently driving a 2008 F-350 King Ranch, 6.4L Powerstroke, crewcab shortbox, 4x4. I have a 12 inch Rize lift kit on 41 inch Super Swampers. I use a Diablo sport tuner that has the truck pushing 500hp and getting the best fuel economy of any truck I've owned so far. And even with the huge lift and massive tires this beast still pulls a 12,000lb boat trailer with ease. With the tuning I get 16.5mpg in the city and close to 22mpg on the highway! This truck has so much potential it's insane! I'm a Ford guy now and forever, I just wish the 2008 body style was the last one, by far my favorite!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think to change can't be changed thanks to the EPA. Those Diesel particulate filters and EGR systems cause so much back pressure and restriction in the exhaust the engine can't run at full potential without modification. Since I don't see the laws changing anytime soon I recommend a DPF/CAT delete kit and programmer and this engine is incredible!