2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
No More Fords
By Rowdy on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 2008 F-350 stranded me with a blown head gasket. Upon reviewing my maintenance records, Ford declined to honor the warranty. Truck has 89,000 miles with 100,000 mile warranty. After being a life-long Ford owner, I am done with them.

Junk
By chris on 08/13/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

We have always been ford owners but i wont buy another. We bought this truck when it came out. Saw the commercials that showed them driving them 150,000 miles straight without stopping or shutting them off. Remember they had the drivers in a trailer that the truck was pulling?? Well this truck has left me stranded with horses 4 times- the first time when it was brand new-- my first trip! Then they told me the second time it was the radiator. Of course thats not covered! Well i told them to keep it! That changed their minds quick. The third time it just shut down as i was going down the road with a horse trailer loaded with horses! Now it is sitting in my driveway AGAIN and wont start.

Don't know what every one's problum is!
By Sandie on 08/03/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

After looking at this truck 4 over a month and reading this site and also looking at other sites we bought it, 2008 21,000 miles on it. Reading these comments really made me stop and think hard about buying it. We love it it got 19.5 mpg at 65 mph 16.9 in town wonderful riding no problems with it at all we chose to buy a extended bumper to bumper warranty just in case this is our only vehicle we are retired and plan on buying a 5th wheeled toy hauler and travel we are relatively Young in our 50's so this was a very big decision for us. And after having it and driving it everyday there is no doubt in our minds we did the right thing we have had fords always and will not change. We love the truck

Warning Your break booster could be defe
By Steve Anderson on 06/26/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my truck & it had 57,000 mile and I use it to two big trailers to transport furniture’s out of the state Texas. Last week while I was pulling my loaded trailer in Dallas Texas on the highway something told me to stop and get some water from the my cooler at the back seat because I will not stop for at least 200 mile. As I slowed down and pulled off the highway , when I reach 15 miles per hour the truck would not stop so I push hard on the break and my foot went all the to the floor and my heart went down with it, I had to use the emergency break and go on the grass to stop my truck. A mobile mechanic came and said I never seen this before, your break booster where the master cyl

Problems Galor! but it looks good
By Roger on 05/17/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I should have known better than to buy this vehicle when it first came out! But the body and interior styling wow'd me and I had previously owned a used 4WD Ford F250 I adored. While this truck looks good and pulls great, I'd really love to give it back if I could afford to. Initially smoking (white)and running terrible, dlrshp said regenerating..NOT..EGR is still acting up and during winter it literally would not run sometimes. Same problem continues, along with whining in "Y" pipe or turbos - they haven't determined. Radiator was replaced and new one leaking again right outside warr period. Replaced A/C hose due to design flaw and A/C compressor has now locked up! Too many issues!

its normal
By rh on 03/02/10 19:54 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this 08 f350crew cab 4x4 6.4 diesel since new so far under warranty the have replaced ,the heater damper door ticking sound,front bumper rust spots, headlights crazing of plastic, rear seat leather cut because the seat belt stuck in it when flipped up& cut it,rubber bushings on front axel ends fell out, also a couple of weeks ago it would start & shut down a couple of seconds later , it seems to be gaing oil 17 qts last change & using antifreeze,not too mention rust on tranny dip stick which all I was told is normal for this truck,not too mention my son has the same engine in a f450 dully with the same problems only worse.mine is almost out of the 360000 warranty going back again

Lovin It!
By Matt Wyntjes on 12/30/09 06:50 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Operated many Diesels over time, chev dodge ford. This is the first Owned Diesel and picked the Ford over anything else, better ride, lots of power, impressive styling, reliability, functionality, and minus 35 c 2 weeks ago! forgot to plug the engine in! gues what! it started! beat that Cummins or Duramax!and a very quiet engine. people complain about fuel milage? ok, but i do get 11mpg loaded to the 9's but empty 13 in town and 18 on hwy. poor mpg is NOT Fords fault! chev & dodge had to add DPF's as well, in reading all other reviews.. will try the Edge programer for better MPG, will advise in the future.

Great!
By Alverson on 12/23/09 21:29 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

GREAT! lots of power, great styling! I just put on a dpf delete, afe intake, sct tuner, and 4" magnaflow exhaust! This thing is FAST and gets compliments everywhere! Sounds so good and pulls a 24' enclosed trailer easy! and the mirrors make it so easy while pulling a trailer! I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

2008 Crewcab 4x4 6.4 diesel
By Bob on 11/12/09 13:43 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This was my first diesel truck, after going from a GMC 1500. Ive towed up to 19k with this without a problem, eventhough its only rated for 16k with the gooseneck. I highly reccomend a dpf delete kit to get better mileage. It wont improve it much, but you don't have to wait for the truck to finish cleaning the filter before you shut it off. I average around 13mpg around town, 17mpg highway. One of the best trucks I have ever owned, now has 23,000 and has been very dependable.

Tundra killer
By timmay on 10/25/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

When so many are buying all the junk from oversees, it is refreshing to know at least FORD is still building such strong trucks. We been very satisfied with this beast. The fuel mileage sucks but a programmer from Edge helped push it into the low 20's. It has been flawless so far. It tows better than any truck I've ever been around. Bring it on tundra boyz.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew-cab in WA is:

$130 per month*