2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Ford should be ashamed!
By ford hater on 07/21/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2008 f250 4wd with a 6.4 powerstroke. What a complete piece of #$@@#! Ford should be ashamed! I do realize that the engine in this pickup is manufactured by international harvester however Ford should not have placed it in one of their chassis. This boat anchor is so bad! I have had several fords and this will be my last! I have also had other manufacturers diesel pick ups over the years. First of all the thing gets 8 to 9 miles per gallon pulling a mere 6k pounds! Ha!The pickup gets only 13.6 empty on the highway. I previously owned a 2005 duramax that would have castrated this piece of crap and got 15.5 mpg loaded! This powertrain pkg is junk!

Beast of a Truck
By AKFord on 07/07/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the truck...the fuel economy was a nasty surprise. I put in an Edge programmer and cold air intake. Now I get about 14.5 in the city and 22 HWY, with a 6.5" lift and 37" tired. I can live with that. This is the most comfortable and capable truck I have ever owned, out of 10. The interior is comfortable and I don't seem to get those annoying blind spots I had in my Dodge. I have owned HDs from all 3 brands and this truck is by far the best all around truck. Throw in the exceptional looks and Ford has the best on the market. All I have ever done is change the oil.

NO LOW END POWER
By KT FROM CALLI on 05/06/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Don't be in a hurry to turn against the traffic unless you have a good heart. There is no power below 2,000 RPM, after that the truck just kicks you into the back seat. It's agood thing they put a 40 gallon fuel tank on the truck, at 10.5 MPG you need it. They need to inprove the off the line performance and the fuel economy, other than taht the trucks has live up to my expectations.

Ford won't honor warranty
By Big Tim on 02/04/10 08:37 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford man for the last ten trucks owned. No longer. Bought this beauty of a truck with all the bells and whistles, been proud as a peacock til now. First, had a problem with the HVAC fan, consistently has a ticking and humming sound, taken in several times, no issues according to the technician. Now, while driving, the engine stalled. Took it in and found the high pressure fuel pump faile and sent metal filings into system. Ford sent a tech out and took samples, responded via fax that they were voiding the powertrain warranty and would not cover repairs. Said there was too much water in fuel system. When asked why their fuel/water separator did not catch, no response.

It's Not Entirely Ford's Fault
By Sjmiller05 on 07/23/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I want to fist say that I have the King Ranch and it has the most amazing leather package that I have ever seen! Next, it is not entirely Ford's fault regarding fuel economy. In 2008, the EPA mandated DPF filters on all diesel trucks resulting in horrible fuel economy. The radiator issue is a recall, and I had mine replaced at 35k -- since then I had no problems. Towing: I tow a 38ft 12k fifth wheel and live in Colorado (high altitude). The DPF while in regen will increase EGTs resulting in the turbo fans to go off and sometimes resulting in the truck going into limp mode. I find this to be this trucks serious flaw.

Don't Buy 6.4Ltr. Diesel
By walker485 on 07/20/09 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but trouble with my diesel engine. It blew up with just over 800 miles. Have had oil leaks ever since. Numerous recalls. Just lost a turbo at 28000. A very nice truck with a bad engine. Poor fuel milege. 11mpg empty.

not the only one with a radiator problem
By George Cifuentes on 03/27/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Checked with Edmunds.com and found multiple people with radiator issues. Within one year 2 recalls, (one with the radiator) now they tell me thousands to replace it, not covered by agreement. We had work done months ago they charged us for and when we called Ford found out it was covered and was issued a check. Not feeling warm and fuzzy with you people. Not getting lots of answers from the dealer either. Seems strange with a radiator recall, now we have to replace it. Not happy at all

Amazing towing ability!
By CB on 08/06/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I recently had so many problems with the 2003 diesel that I traded in for an 08 crew cab Lariat dually. It pulls my 26K trailer with 3 horses like a freight train! Quiet, dependable and fun as hell to drive! Absolutely love this truck and will definitely recommend to friends who are getting rid of their Chevys!

To everyone who's losing fuel economy
By Fabian Ward on 04/15/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a hard time during my 27000 to 28000 km mark. My fuel economy went from 690 km per tank to 390. Wow! It took 3 attempts and two diffrent dealerships to fix. I blew all my o rings and injectors. I was blown away as 1 injector maybe but all of them wow. So after a mechanic it's all back to normal and my economy is still climbing.

Diesel
By NSM on 09/07/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this to tow my race cars. It does a great job. I replaced my 2001 F150 Supercrew with the F350. I've done a best of 22 mpg at 60 mph on cruise control. Towing I get 13-14 at 65 with a car on a trailer behind me. Around town it's 10 or so unloaded. It's so quiet I barely hear it running. This is unlike any diesel I've ever been in. I will likely drive this truck until it dies.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.