Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!
By aperillo726

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First off I don't know why the submodels on edmunds do not include the 6.4 but anyway. I don't know what these people are talking about with this truck being unreliable. I've had six Ford Super Duties, four of them being the 2008 model.(I buy a lot of vehicles)I've never had an issue with the 6.4L Powerstroke, the truck can pull a 18,000lb gooseneck like it's nothing, the interior is impeciable, and it is one sexy body style. Most of the negative reviews I'm seeing are gas F350s and I have a question, Who buys a Super Duty with intent to tow and doesn't select the "diesel" option?? I've taken my 08's through some tough terrain and pulled a lot of heavy trailers without having a single issue.

Favorite Features

I'm currently driving a 2008 F-350 King Ranch, 6.4L Powerstroke, crewcab shortbox, 4x4. I have a 12 inch Rize lift kit on 41 inch Super Swampers. I use a Diablo sport tuner that has the truck pushing 500hp and getting the best fuel economy of any truck I've owned so far. And even with the huge lift and massive tires this beast still pulls a 12,000lb boat trailer with ease. With the tuning I get 16.5mpg in the city and close to 22mpg on the highway! This truck has so much potential it's insane! I'm a Ford guy now and forever, I just wish the 2008 body style was the last one, by far my favorite!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think to change can't be changed thanks to the EPA. Those Diesel particulate filters and EGR systems cause so much back pressure and restriction in the exhaust the engine can't run at full potential without modification. Since I don't see the laws changing anytime soon I recommend a DPF/CAT delete kit and programmer and this engine is incredible!

no mo ford super doodie
By used to like fords

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fuel mileage 7-9 mpg no matter if loaded or not. Most of my driving is short trips 5-10 miles town and country mix. I even drove it to California thinking the open road would help... Best avg was 12.5 mpg on 1000 miles of flat driving with no load. Factory tires were garbage they wore out at 14,000 miles good job Ford. They replaced my radiator at 3000 miles. This is my $50,000 truck. I have owned and bought 5 new Ford super doodies since the new body style and this motor is crap because of the mileage and the truck rides too stiff. The exhaust cleaner is ridiculous.

Favorite Features

When Ford recalls my truck and fixes the mileage so I get at least 17 mpg like my other diesel fords.

Suggested Improvements

recall and correct these items fuel mileage radiator leaks and tires This is an American made truck