Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Don't
By indigo

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is junk. It has left me setting over and over again. White smoke, stutters at 2500 rpm, blows turbo clamps, just replaced a seized up egr valve. Have had new rear-end, 3 new radiators, egr valve, egr coolers, and the only thing they do is say "we reprogrammed the pcm" Never works right. The outside and inside design of this truck is over the top, the engine just needs help. Never again.

Favorite Features

Inside comfort great, you can ride for miles without getting cramped. Wait, it won't go for miles at a time before it breaks down

Suggested Improvements

Engine, put a new one in it and forget this regeneration crap.

2008 Crew Cab 6.4 Diesel Review/ 3.55
By Brad

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have just purchased this vehicle. Performance is excellent and ride is great. I know that people are concerned about the fuel economy. This truck is a job build #3. I would have to tell anyone that is looking for reasonable fuel economy and need a truck, this Ford will do the job. I have the diesel with the 3.55 rear end. I only have 1000 miles of use but I was able to get 19.3 MPG driving 60 MPH. Remember the diesel will show a MPG improvement after about 10K. The Super Duty will make a excellent truck for anyone needing a truck for work. I also believe those getting bad MPG are running 4.10 gears and also drive just to fast to maximize MPG.

Favorite Features

Fast starting diesel that is very quiet. Strong build. Rides great, but still a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Child seat anchors. Ratching middle rear seat belt. Variable displacement diesel? Telescoping steering wheel. Heat/air vents to rear passengers.

Awesome Truck
By kstmerc

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have had all of them. Chevys break and Dodges are just to loud. I pull a 40' fifth wheel with ease. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Favorite Features

Drive train is incredible, pulls like a Kenworth. Navigation system is great and interior comfort is more than I would ask for.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth

Well worth the wait!
By Madmev

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had to wait over 3 months to take delivery of my "King Ranch", and it was well worth it! It has a sleek interior, smooth ride, and a powertrain that refuses to quit! Pulling a trailer seems effortless and still delivers a great ride. The 6.4L diesel is not only quiet enough to pull through a fast food line without turning off the engine, you can actually travel down the road without raising your voice to talk to your passengers. Not all trucks are able to claim that. Ford has succeeded with a very stylish and impressive truck!

Favorite Features

The amazing powertrain, comfortable seats, and smooth ride. The mirrors refuse to let any vehicle hide in a blind spot. Overall, it drives like a car, but tows like a truck on steroids!

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth capability would help promote safer driving while talking on the cell.